Friday, May 11, 2012

Mommy and Me Collage (latest photos)

The most recent collage I did was last night, and it follows the love seat one.  I had ended the summary line with sitting on the love seat and the lady ready to say what he should have for presents for his birthday.  So then I was going to do something on that but I got home last night after working all day to get him an ibond for his birthday and being obstructed.  So I cried and was upset and it was so late in the day I didn't even time to mail his collage before 5.  So I just angrily tore out all these clips after praying first, and thought I'll just put lots of things kids like (though I have no kids mags) and ideas of light and happiness.  And then my idea for the summary was that he gets blessings for his birthday.  So there was no theme, and no time to make it of artistic value.  It was a very fast throwing together of sections and gluing and I was done by 6:30 p.m. but decided since it was already past hours, to mail it tomorrow (today) though I had wanted to walk it to the mail.  I was tortured too much and had walked to  town twice already, and was tired.  So because of that, I didn't walk to the mailbox with stamps on it and drop it off.










I had only a few pages torn out and decided to work with what I'd torn out and then as I did, and I was cutting and trying to find pieces to fill spots, I thought it was sort of an interesting result.  I used a boy looking glum to be him when he's sad and then one of him hugging his mother (me!) to be happy.  There was a different woman with the boy but I thought this other photo of a woman looked slightly more like me and he might remember, so I cut her face out and put it next to his.  And she was from a cig ad called "Eve", maybe suitable since Eve means "mother".  Her bracelet is covered up but it's gold in the photo and a thin bangle.  The green stripe just happened to be a piece that fit above her head bc her top part of her head was cropped off, and it fit out of all the sections I already had.  So I didn't plan it, it happened.  And then since I needed something for above the boys head too, I did a continuation of the line, like they were tied together.  Not "tied" but, anyway.  I had an idea to put a feather then tucked into the band he wore but didn't.  A sheaf of flowers was the right size but made it too girlish.  So that's why I did as I did.  I tore out pages and pieces in about 5-10 minutes, and then settled with these things and made something of it.  There's more I wanted to do with tractors, but this one I wanted, where a tractor is pulling a part behind it (mower) and things, I couldn't find even though I'd saved it days earlier.  I am working with a handful of women's mags, so, not a lot of kids and manly stuff.

1 comment:

Mama said...

I am posting a comment on my own post. Oh I just started laughing when I looked at this! I didn't really see how all the photos turned out and just posted them--didn't look at the one with the IRS business statement closely at all. So just now I read what shows up:

"I got to p.

(with that, I cracked up laughing).

I don't even remember what I had written there--I mailed it off already.