Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hacking On Medical Terminology Website

I have someone hacking on the online course I paid for through Mosby's medical terminology.  Last night their site wouldn't allow me to see any course sections except for one of them and I thought maybe it's because they were requiring I take a quiz first.  Not only that, it registered a correct answer I made, wrong.  They asked a question about "cardiology", what kind of word it was (eponymn, prefix, suffix, decodable, non-decodable, abbreviation or acronymn).  I chose decodable, which was correct.  Their site said it was wrong.  I back up and tried and they still gave me problems.  Finally, this site admitted it was correct, that my answer was right.

Then today I tried to take the Quiz 1, and it wasn't there and tried to move me to Quiz 2.  It said, "click 'next' for the Quiz" and instead of a Quiz, I got section 2.  So then, after I asked for site support for that, the Quiz showed up.  So I then saw this other icon and clicked on it and it said, "click begin to start" and I did and then the page was blank.  After I got a blank page, I asked for site support again.  So then, it said "resume" so I tried, and then I took the Quiz and they sent back my results and changed my answers.  So they gave me this lower score than what I actually got, and the first question they said I had missed, they claimed I had said "Parkinson's" (this word) is a "prefix".  I would NEVER choose "prefix" for the answer to what kind of word Parkinsons is.  I chose "eponymn" and that answer was right.  Parkinson's, as they asked the question, wasn't even split up into a prefix or suffix and I already knew it was named after someone.  So I got marked wrong for something that someone switched around on me.

This is exactly like what was happening all those years I tried to apply for FAFSA online.  Every single time I went to the federal site and tried to fill it out, someone was changing my answers on me so that when I went to page preview, I was finding someone had switched my "No, I've never been convicted of using drugs (or charged)" to "Yes" (which disqualifies someone from financial aid). 

I was going back and correcting the "yes" that someone kept inserting, and then trying to then submit my FAFSA forms and someone kept switching it back on me.  Someone was actively making it impossible for me to get back into college for several years, and one of many things they did was to try to ruin my online FAFSA attempts.

No comments: