Monday, June 7, 2010

Wondering About Cards & Prayer

I was thinking last night about using the cards and then the Bible and prayer, semi serious or not and if it's fine. I sort of came to the conclusion that it is, just not to depend or rely on it and also, not in the way some are intended. Because, I decided, objects are just objects and it is only what you make out of it or pray into it that changes things.

You could have a donkey and pray a devil into the donkey I guess, or ask the devil for help, and get some weird thing. Then, you could take that same donkey, and the donkey might be used by God to speak and give a message.

So I figured it's the same way with cards, or any other item which might be symbolic or used.

Mainly it says not to do fortune telling, which i don't do. I don't believe in misguiding people or affecting their lives or outcomes by possibly, my being wrong about something. I still think one can have premonitions and that this is different, to see what might happen in the future.

So I guess there is a very fine line.

I wouldn't want anyone to take it really seriously, like base their lives on it and I think the most reliable things I get are through prayer, or have nothing to do with me and just arrive. However, I think God can use anything and it's not wrong as long as one isn't putting their focus in the wrong place.

It can be a guide to reading more about other things, like scripture, too, sort of a starting point if one doesn't know where to start.
***********
I was also thinking that the distance between the pieces of the thing I saw being sliced, was sort of like scalloped potatoes distance. Maybe not quite that thin, or like slices of bread from a loaf of banana nut bread or something but I had the impression that it was wood or a root of some kind because it was firmer. I guess all I mean by scalloped potatoes or bread was that the slices were very equal in distance. It reminded me, the way it cut through, mostly of a root because wood doesn't "slice"...well I don't know. It was weird. It had an uneven surface on the top, slightly ragged and yet flat across the top. Maybe curved on the sides or not, but that's what the top was like.

No comments: