Wednesday, June 30, 2010

images & hitchens

I just read christopher hitchens has a cancer. I had thought about him several times in the last few weeks when I sort of forgot about him for awhile. I hope he makes a good recovery. I guess I can't say what the image was or coincidence, but there was a small one.

Lucky call on penny. I called out a penny twice just now. This guy threw it and it was tails. Then I threw it back to him and told him to catch and mid-air I called "heads" and it was. Then I told him to throw it back to me and he did and I called tails before it hit the ground, and I told him to come look and he did, and it was tails.

I don't do that a lot, but I knew somehow. I also knew, a different time, when I had a penny, with my debate teacher, or a quarter, and he told me to call it, larry galizio, and I did and with sure confidence and nonchalance. I knew it. And it was. It was heads and I think he was more surprised by my assurance than the actual odds.

These teens asked if I wanted to keep it and I told them they could have it for good luck and I said "how would I bless a penny?" and I said, "keep these people safe in their cars" and that was it.
***********************
i had some harassment today, by some driving by, but it wasn't horrible. I met a woman who looks super young, won't say any of their names, but had 8 kids and looks amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how sad, you're more interested in pennies than your son.