Thursday, June 17, 2010

Go-Kart--Bumper Cars Newly In Town

I went to the lawyers office and was walking back and knew I wouldn't have enough time to deliver something to an organization, but as I was walking to a bus, I saw this guy racing around tires set up like bumpers and it was some kind of race go-kart course. I couldn't believe it.

My first thought: shock. Second thought, "What the...?" Third thought, "Oh my gosh." Fourth thought, "Hhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...nOOOOO WAY!" Fifth thought: "This is weird." Sixth thought, "I wonder if officer West was riding one of THESE!!!" Seventh thought, "Did these guys just pull into town as some kind of collosal joke?" Eight thought, "Mabye there are other bumper car-go kart places in town." Ninth thought, "HHhahahaaaa....NOoooo WAY."

ROOOOM! ROooooooM! This guy is tearing around the tire corners, my eyes wide as i walk calmly and try to act normal. I start seeing Officer Jim West, tearing it up on the go-kart, bumper cart course. My head is shaking back and forth in disbelief (in my mind's eye) and I think to myself...

WHO AM I?

Am I HUMAN?

So I walk over to those guys, who are set up by the Mall, and whom I've never seen before until today. I thought, "I'll bet they just set up yesterday." So I go over and ask, "Umm, when did you guys come into town?" and they said, "About 2 weeks ago."

So no, they did not just pull into town to pull a joke. I am thinking, thinking, thinking...standing there, blinking, thinking...and said, "Huh." They stood around and looked at me. I said, "So is there another bumper car-go kart place in town?" and they said "No."

The guy is zoooming around the stacked up tires, ROOOOM! ROOOooom! URRRCH! SCRREECH! ROOOM ROOM ROOMM! Fierce. Very fierce and with a helmet on.

I had to say something. These guys were all standing around me who worked there. So I said, "This is so weird, sometimes I feel I'm just trying to figure out my own mind."

Oh crap. WAIT!! save, save. Save yourself fast. That did not sound normal. Ummm, so I say, cough, ahem, "Uh, so can kids ride these? I have a son."

I am wondering if Jim West was riding one of these, or if a kid of his did, or he fancied himself in one, or WHAT.

I saw that guy and cracked up laughing in public and then had to reign it in. It was really funny.
*************
Then I went to this place for kids and asked another person about whether they knew anyone with horses who might give a child a short ride. She said yes, she did know of a family and would let them know tonight. So I thought that was very cool because I've put out messages and inquiries and asked around and haven't found anyone to give my son a ride on a horse yet, and it's for his Birthday Present. So I am trying to get this together. I had been working on it a month ahead of his birthday, but it's taking much longer than I expected.

No comments: