Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dating Sites...Classy or Gauche?

I don't know. "Where the classy, attractive, and affluent like to meet..."??? The part that bugs me the most is "classy". If you have to say classy, you're probably anything but.

Just my opinion.

Gauche comes to mind.

Who knows, maybe I'll swim in the gauche pond for a bit.

I don't know what it is exactly. I mean, I can handle "I am attractive" and "I am affluent" (though I prefer the plain and simple "rich"...either you're rich or you're not.). But I just cannot stomach "I am classy". It's the perfect antithesis to SAY, of oneself, "I am classy". Nails on a chalkboard. Uggg.

I think I'd rather say "I'm PO white trash!" rather than "I'm classy". Or even "I'm such a dive" rather than "I'm classy". I dunno...ya know???

I know you know exactly what I'm talking about! And I love you, you who know me and think a little bit like me. This is why I'm still surviving.

AND, I appreciate all the very recent nods and waves and efforts to show silent support. A LOT of people lately, actually! Thank you.

No comments: