Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lily Allen & Other Music & International Dating Site Stuff

...I don't know why she's not played more in the U.S. She is far superior to many U.S. pop stars. Her lyrics are fantastic and she's got an engaging way of blending her vocals into the melodies.

The british female pop stars are pretty good, and I laugh a lot more over their lyrics...
**********************

I need to start making money from my fucking writing. I think I'll have to do an article about dating sites.

I was just noticing today that low-context countries like Germany, which are supposed to be reserved, have all these men writing overly verbose profiles. They're all over the place, and flowery, or overtly familiar, "Looking for babe to rock me" type of stuff. Then you look at men from Switzerland and they're all about business--to the point, straightforward and I only found one man who was inspired to write an entire paragragh about himself. The others parce it down to just a sentence or two. Sort of interesting. American men are all over the board. Total melting pot I think. The guys from UK are artsy and educated and SO POOR. Well, comparatively, OR they're more modest and not braggarts and liars like U.S. men.

I swear to God someone is trying to sabotage my dating opportunities. I cannot manage to stay connected to the sites. I sure didn't have a problem with this when I was with Alvaro...oh! OOOPS!





lol. just kidding.

I can honestly say I miss one thing about him. I'm sure he knows what it is. He's basically a good Boy-Toy. It was fun. And the rest of it was Hell. Would I still sleep with the enemy? Shit. I have to say I probably would. But that's on a really gray day when the forecasters have told me I will never find another piece again. Indie.Aria "Promise" says it all. I got tired of hearing one thing and seeing something else. Don't say something if you can't follow through. Don't play mind games. And don't cheat on me, unless you want to end it all. Because I am not one of these girlfriends or wives who "forgives" and "tolerates". You cheat on me and you're finished. Unless there is some kind of open agreement and honesty throughout. Honesty could have saved him but no way. and I liked how he thought he could keep me cloistered but he could screw around and lie about it. I do not think he will ever be faithful in his life. It's not possible for him. So Alvaro, if he ever marries, will be fucking others on the side and he'll be married to someone who is okay with it. There are plenty of women who are up for that or who don't care, so have at it...but somehow, I think he's been dogged more than once by women who'd had enough. Yeah!

I love this song by Jennifer Hudson, "Spotlight". When I hear this song I see a music video with the old German "Wall" up, and East and West divided with a massive spotlight and German Shepards barking, and this guy trying to climb the chainlink fence and then the same thing with the woman and her bf is the tower guard with the spotlight on her and she's finally getting away in a fucking hot air balloon, like that movie about the E. German people who designed and made their own hot air balloon and sailed over the border. All that work and all those escape attempts and then finally, the careful execution of a perfect but risky plan. I loved that movie!

I just read some "Regimental Goat William Windsor" is being sent into retirement. Which sort of cracks me up. Will has a goat named after him. It's actually a pretty goat. But I started laughing because one night when I was first getting to know Alvaro, I asked him, in English, "Did you ever have a goat?" and he said what? He didn't know the English word for goat and I didn't know the Spanish word for goat. I kept telling him I thought there was some kind of special goat in his past, and finally, when he kept saying he didn't know what goat was, I said, "A Meeee-eh-eh-eh-ehe-ehe?" and made this very realistic goat noise. Did you ever have a meh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh? I then said, you know, with horns, and I made a symbol of horns with my fingers on my head. He cracked up laughing and said, no he had never had a special meh-eh-eh-eh-ehe-ehe-eh-eh. I said, "NO me-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh especiales?" and then he said, "Ovejah?" and I said, "NO! No, ovejah esta 'BAAaa-AAa-aaa-aaa-aaa". Goat es 'Meh-heh-eh-eheheh-eh" and distinguished the animals with the noises. I wasn't convinced. I am STILL sure there is something about a special goat. After telling him I thought there was some sort of special goat in his past or present, I told him I was the ovejah negra de mi familia.
*****************************

I like the song "Nobody's Diary" by Yazoo. Wow. That's one written for ME. I like the "working as a waitress at a cocktail bar...don't you want me" song so much. It's one of my favorites. Everything about that song is perfect. It works all the way through and is so classic. This one by Talk, Talk, "New Grass" is really sad and emotive. I can't even understand the words but the expression in the voice with the melody and instruments is so sad.

No comments: