Monday, May 25, 2009

Image Of Shredding With Nails

I was thinking about the "image' I kept having, of a woman shredding something by dragging her nails down something. I kept seeing a paper or screen of some kind, like a wall, but which would shred. Then I wrote about it as marks on skin, and sort of combined the ideas. Originally though, I saw nails on an inanimate object, like a wall, or a screen, or something. I don't know if it has to do with this person i know now or with maybe something to do with something in Diana's past, and when i recently read her mother married some wallpaper man, it came into my mind that perhaps what i saw was Diana tearing down wallpaper somewhere. it made sense to me because that would shred the way I was sort of seeing something shredding and it was from hands in an upright position going up and then tearing down. It might not be Diana at all because I didn't see a face or body, just the action of the nails against a flat surface or something that is on a flat surface which is upright. It's affixed, and can't be taken down like a poster would crumple. The nails go in with pressure and are driven. there is anger, determination, and desperation in the emotion. It happened in the past but someone remembers it or has a record of it somewhere. I thought for a minute maybe I was seeing a crime scene, but then I thought maybe it was to with Di but didn't know how, and then finally, I just made it ambiguous and wrote more about nails against skin, but that could be another thing. I think and know there are also nails on skin, but the first image is nails against a surface, not skin.

but that is all completely my imagination, the idea it was diana with wallpaper or something on the wall, and I have no way of knowing if it means anything or not or there is truth to it--i would never claim it is true unless I can confirm something with someone. I just kept seeing the nails, and did again, today.

I sort of thought crime scene, but then I wondered when I read or was reminded recently that her mother married a wallpaper guy. So it came to mind what was shredded could have been wallpaper, but I don't know. I really don't know. It seems like it would be easier to shred stuff with more rounded or pointed nails, and not square tipped nails, but I don't know. I sort of see more rounded nails and bare, without nail polish but there might be nail polish, it just doesn't stand out.

No comments: