Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Alvaro's Aversion To Pork

One thing I keep wondering about, is Alvaro's very noticeable aversion to pork. He was very anxious and abrupt in not wanting to have it. Which was a little odd. It wasn't like he had an allergy to it. Because later, after I wrote about his aversion to pork, he made a POINT of eating it in front of me like it was no big deal and I saw how he was looking at me, hoping I'd see him eating it. He wanted me to notice he had "no problem" eating pork.

Why? sort of strange.

If he had a health issue with it, or a serious allergy, he would have just said so, and he wouldn't have made a point of eating it in front of me. I don't think. It was more like, what came to mind, was that there was some kind of religious reason for his not wanting to eat pork.

The only religions I can think of, that are not very fond of pork, are Jewish and Muslim. There may be others I'm not aware of. He was adamant that he was Catholic and from a Catholic family, but he wasn't very observant of Catholicism. It makes me wonder.

No comments: