Monday, May 18, 2009

Firsts For My Son


The last visit or time before, my son displayed a really cool gift for dance. He made up two different dances to music, and both had rhythm and fit the mood of the music. It was really cool. Then, he's been making up a bunch of songs with me as well, from his head, with original melody and lyrics. One song he made up a dance to today was Jordin Sparks "One Step At A Time" and he was hearing the lyrics and started doing this dance with footsteps in 8/8 time. Is that right? 8/8? I don't know. For example, when she sings, "It takes one step at a time" he was hitting the floor with a step for every word, in rhythm. He was doing this dance-march around the room and then I started to do it too and he had a big smile on his face and then I said we could put our arms out for the part where it says "learning to fly" and he did, and when I stopped he said, "dance!" and wanted to keep going.

Today he traced the correct way through a maze I made up. He likes this puzzle where you move the baby animals around through a maze to find their mother. He's been using his right hand more too. So maybe his left is just for sucking his thumb, I don't know.

The other thing, is today he peeled off stickers himself. He wanted me to do it and I encouraged him to do it instead and he did it himself.

The one thing he doesn't want to do, is eat by himself. He wants contact with me.

No comments: