Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sleeping In Seattle

This should be an eye-catching title. (I decided to change it--I had sleeping around in seattle and ommitted "around) I saw the Sleepless in Seattle houseboat the other day. I haven't been with anyone in that certain sense of the word since Alvaro left. Kissed one person and that was it. But I am "getting around" in other ways. Staying here and then there possibly after today. The good thing is we're all neighbors. It's a good neighborhood and no one is stealing my things and there have been no break-ins. In fact, I left my purse out in the open all night and I didn't even have to worry about it. It was not my imagination what was happening in Wenatchee and Wenatchee has really got some problems. I am not safe there, period. If I try to report anything, the police do nothing.

This has been a new adventure. I have to share a little bit. I talked about sailing the other night and learned there are 7 positions on a sailboat, for racing. I'm invited to try sailing and I think I want to be on a team for racing. I don't know how long I'd want to do it, and I hate being cold, but maybe summer sailing? We agreed there are people who love the wind and others who hate it. I love it. A day without wind feels dead. But I don't want to be wet and freezing either. The only position I understood was the jibe positions and the back ones for tactics.

Saw the letter about the service at Windsor too. It's authentic with a red seal. It's a red stamp type of seal with the lions on the side. Sort of fun to look at.

I think my Pakistani friend may be able to help me get my things out of Wenatchee and then I'll be working and should be able to get in to visit.

I met this guy yesterday who sells hard liquor, and hence recommended not being pregnant. Vodka! I told him about a use for vodka with paints. He gave me some samples. I think I have a nose or palate for vodka appreciation. I can tell the difference between them. Someone else I've met is a wine expert and writer. Just met Tom Robbins at a tasting, the guy who wrote "Skinny Legs". I looked at his new book, "B is for Beer" and found another redhead. I love how he pays homage to the redheads!
But she and I both sort of like roses and not everyone is into them. Had a good white by Novelty Hill and some good reds lately too. I'm asking others to describe what they note so I am able to learn how to distinguish and explain what it is I am smelling. There are, I guess, 600 different wineries in Washington state alone. !!!!

Today I'm doing some yardwork and calling my guys over here. I really like this Pakistani man--he's a good guy.

No comments: