Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gardenia Guzman

I am both concerned and interested in my cousin Gardenia. Alvaro kept asking questions about her and looking at her photos. Before he ever met her he told me he wanted to name "our daughter" Gardenia. Then he was asking where she was and what she was doing.

My aunt Locklyn was going on and on talking about her. I guess she'd had some boyfriend or friend from England who wanted to be her boyfriend. She met him in London. I guess he really liked her and came all the way over from London just to spend a few weeks in the Cashmere/Wenatchee area and meet the family.

I guess her only complaint was that he was atheist and she is extremely religious. I sort of feel protective of her because it's basically common knowledge that she's still a virgin, like I was, at age 24, which is rare. She's very bubbly and fun and does a lot of outreach work. Her passion is traveling and she's been to several countries and made friends from around the world. She was discouraged by college and didn't know, after failing maths a few times, if she was cut out for it. I encouraged her to persist, but she felt hopeless about it. So she then set about getting a more worldly, tangible, educcation.

I was a little bit interested in her involvement because someone was writing in about my family and sectoral heterochromia like they'd observed a lot. It didn't sound like someone from my family.

My aunt said the guy came in very proper and said something like: "Jolly good meeting you" and my cousin Valente had just come around the corner and thought he was putting on an accent and being silly and mimicked him, over and over, saying "Jolly good...aha! yes! jolly good meeting you!" with a faked accent and was goofing off and went on about it and then later found out the guy was legitimately English and that he hadn't been joking around. So Valente was really embarassed, said Locklyn, and went on explaining, "MoooM..." so Locklyn played it up and said, joking, "Jolly good meeting you!" in a fake accent, purposefully teasing him.

No comments: