Thursday, May 7, 2009

images

no such thing as bad publicity
i thought, looking at my painting
thinking some sad shack is going to want this
one on the wall
everyone wants a piece of me, taking undies?
who knows, maybe someone wants to buy a painting
something personal
from someone so "infamous"
could be worth
a lot
of money
someday.
Hmmm...i splashed liquor and paint onto a makeshift
legal calendar
and i screwed up one modern abstract ending up with
a "swan in the mist" which looks as though it took no
effort or skill
at all
still
coffeehouses aren't hanging up laundry for sale
just art
i might want to charge a pretty penny for my work.
not because it's any good but because
well, the "name" you know.
get a glimpse of my internal world.
you want a piece of me is playing
somewhere in my mind
go britney

********************************************

i was offered half of a sleeping pill
after he left
packed his bags on his own after i offered to help
didn't want my help i guess
hmmph! guess the man just did not want any help
pocketing what he wanted, taking, still taking,
even on his way out.
why did housemate think i needed a sleeping pill?!
i turned it down, said, "no but thank you."
don't need a sleeping pill when you're unloading baggage
when baggage and dumbells have gone out the door,
one just doesn't need
a sleeping pill
for once, you're sleeping like a baby
sans things put into my food or drink
sleeping like a baby
dancing and singing
and painting with my hands and fingers and brushes
is this mania? my burst of activity since he split?
hamlet says no, lifting the mask and the shroud,
this is freedom
this is forgiveness for me
from me, for putting up with shit eyes wide open
but celebrating me for being so strong
i can take a grown man down
and slip out of his steel bar grasp
with very little effort
just simple commonsense
and with a few good friends standing by
silently supporting me
saw more of the silent supporters today
thank you for everything
keep your eyes on me as I try to keep them open
but am feeling oh so very
sleepy and tranquilo.

No comments: