Friday, May 8, 2009

Orange Star Flowers For Mother's Day

Sort of interesting. At my last visit, on Wednesday, I was wearing a shirt with lots of colors on it and my son pointed to my shirt and said, "tar!" and again, "tar! a tar!" I said, "where honey?" and looked and it was a flower that was orange. I said, "Oh, it DOES look like a star! An orange star. I think it might be a flower, what do you think? Is it a star or a flower?" and he said, "A fowler." An orange star flower, I said, a flower that looks like a star. It was just me and the monitor in the room, and my son.

Then my housemate gave me a plant a few days later, on Wednesday night, and it was a "orange star flower" plant she said. The flowers were orange. She said her church was giving them out. I'd never seen this kind of plant before. It was a gift for Mother's Day.

No comments: