Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Great Visit With Son

I'll try to write about it later, but I had a really wonderful time at the visit with my son today. He was in good spirits again and seemed to be clear-eyed and articulate, despite things I noticed, he was otherwise in a good mood. He was happy to tell me he'd seen a baby yesterday, a somewhat newborn. We had a very good time and a lot of fun and I'll detail it later. I brought him new stuffed animals: a rooster, a dragon, and a tazmanian devil with a heart that says "I love you". Oliver was affectionate and natural, no acting out, and just enjoyed our visit and said he wanted to stay there with me. The monitor did a lot of writing and I haven't seen her notes yet but I felt she was writing down what Oliver was saying. Maybe last time she took it in and didn't write and then chose to later, I don't know. I'll write more later. What's most difficult is that my son wants to see me more and is expressing this and the state and Judge are still running their termination, but I hope we will get somewhere with appeal. He wants to be with his mother and I shouldn't be forced to be in this area where it's impossible to get ahead. Even a job isn't the issue. The State is trying to make that an issue, but the issue is whether I had 'issues' and whether I engaged in 'services'. They never proved I have issues to begin with and I proved myself, in court, that even though they were wrong, I actively went out of my way to get everything lined up so I could be in compliance and get my son.

No comments: