Friday, July 30, 2010

lucky guess

this morning was interesting, I guess I'll note it up.

I first made some calls to figure out legal rep or strategy for right now and then about my foodstamps and to make sure everything is in place for next month.

Then I left and went to Serve Wenatchee and I had in mind a can of food with a pull-top lid so I could just eat something quickly and go. Not take a lot with me. They just had cookies and cake which was nice but not what I needed so I had another church in mind but as I was walking thought it was too far and I wasn't sure about how to get there so I turned and went to another church instead and it was the selected church for the day, by Serve Wenatchee,, for food bank. It's always at a different church and I so happened to go to the one that was selected for the day, not knowing.

You have to have a slip from Serve Wenatchee to go to the food bank but no one from Serve Wenatchee even told me it was there that day. I just randomly happened to walk there. I was heading for the Anglican church (but had another one in mind that had food I knew) and then turned from Douglas St. onto King and down to Chelan where the church was.

I walked in, and there was a table in front of me, with a ton of bread laid out.

I had just sent an email about "bread and butter" to some lawyers a half hour before. So it was this table full of "give us this day our daily bread" and that's really all I wanted, was my daily bread and nothing more.

So then I asked if it might be possible to take a can with a pull top lid to eat and the secretary said yes and that there were bins out so I looked and there was chicken noodle soup. I had just asked Serve Wenatchee for maybe one can of soup to eat and they said they had nothing. I am totally out of money until the 1st. So anyway, I found 2 things of soup which microwave and a can of pickled beets and the beets sounded really good so I had beets and then soup and some coffee too.

I asked if I could pack a couple of bags for my son and they said yes so I put a lot of food, as much organic as possible, into bags and asked where I could save them for my aunt and uncle to pick up and they said under the bench where I saw this bag for a "cindy" right there.

Then, I went to the chapel where people can pray and I just sat there a minute even though I already prayed at the start of the day today. I picked up a hymn book and almost had tears with the first hymn I read. I don't remember ever reading it but I loved it right away.

It was from "The Service Hymnal" (salutas) by Hope Publishing Co./5707 West Lake St./Chicago/1951. It was called "Far Out On The Desolate Billow" by Rossiter W. Raymond and Freidrich Silcher.

That one stood out the most to me. I don't know why but I really loved the lyrics. Then the next one I randomly turned to was "Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness" by Nicolaus L. Zinzendorf, Tr. by John Wesley and then Ludwig van Beethoven.

I turned again and got "Jesus Loves Even Me" by Philip P. Bliss and then I went for one more and read "The Son of God Goes Forth To War" by Reginald Heber and Henry S. Cutler.

I then read a small snip of Ezekiel and sparing some from the sword and then I landed on Zechariahs song of praise when his speech came back after he agreed with Elizabeth on what to name their son, John the Baptist.

Then I folded it up and had to use the restroom so I followed around a corner I 'd never been down and I didn't know where their restrooms were at all. But I just kept walking and past a poster of "The Lord Is My Shepherd" (that psalm) and all the way to the restroom. I noticed this poster on a door next to it that said "The Break Glass Room" and went in and then I was leaving and a man was in the room. I said hello, noticing what looked like a deflated hot air balloon and thinking about how my son said he'd sometime like to ride in one, and then I went out the other way and past a poster that said simply, "Trust In The Lord." It came out to a wheelchair and a walker and I thought maybe that wasn't such great luck but then, passing this,

I came out into the main church sanctuary (different from the chapel) and was facing this stained glass window of Jesus as King with a crown on and one hand on the door to knock and another hand holding a lantern. I looked at all the stained glass windows but I particularly noticed the lantern in this window was the same shape and type of lantern I had been holding in the dream I had where I was walking across fields or meadow or valley plains or something. At first, from a distance, I just thought it was a king because it was a gold crown and not a halo but then I got closer and saw it was a representation of Christ the King.

I looked up, having read the hymns, first Rossiter W. Raymond. He was very accomplished! hmm, can't cut and paste the wiki link.

Anyway, and then, about 5 minutes ago the song "God Bless America" came to mind for some reason and then the song came on the radio, it was the next song, "Born in the U.S.A." I must have maybe intercepted some patriotic idea from someone. Haha. I think it came to mind bc I was thinking of hymns but then the very next song was this one, "Born in the U.S.A."

I am going to look up all the lyricists and then get back to work. I was sitting in the chapel thinking, "What are you doing? You already prayed. You have things to do. Should you be sitting here again? You should make your time for this in the morning and that's that." But then I thought, "Sometimes more progress is made through personal prayer and facilitates easier action and focus so it's not a waste of time." Sometimes, with my writing even, or looking up of things, I am only trying to balance stress and action. If I didn't allow myself this, I would have been in a nuthouse a very long time ago. Right now I'm juggling a lot of things so I am able to do this. Of course, if I had more of a schedule it would be different and focused differently and I would set aside specific times. I actually miss having a very tight schedule and deadlines. I miss college basically and it's hard to do with all the other bad things happening.

I had a lot of dreams last night but I can't remember hardly any part of them. But it was a big dreaming night. It wasn't important enough though, obviously.

Well, I am going to read up on the law now. I need to find out some things.

I hope this lays to rest any suspicion that I knew what days my UAs were ahead of time. Because I have ended up at the UA on the right day too many times for coincidence and then the food bank thing too. They always look at me like "how did you know?" I didn't know. I didn't even go there thinking about the whole food bank. It just came to mind and I went that way for one small thing and then discovered other things. I'm going to study some things in the law books.

No comments: