Thursday, July 1, 2010

Witnesses To Federal Telephone Violations

Today, I have had 3 instances of my telephone calls being redirected to numbers other than the ones I dialed.

In the first 2 instances, it occured after making approximately 10 phone calls from a Verizon cell phone. In the third incidence, it occured on a landline at a gaming store, where I was using the computer and phone.

1. First incidence. I called the number for a doctor's office and got rerouted to 911, supposedly. I am not certain if it was actual 911 but the woman said, "911, state the location of your emergency please" and I showed the owner of the cell which number I had actually called, which was not 911.

2. Second incidence. I called an 888 number for the Washington Food Stamp card, and dialed in front of the witness, and I got a counselor instead, Dr. Thomas Rowe in Wenatchee, Wa.

3. Third incidence. I called the number for the Lake Chelan Clinic offices and I got the first time I got the right office. The second time I called this same number, I got a recording of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and waited and then a woman answered and I asked if this was the clinic and the woman said no and that it was a personal cell phone with the number 668-2330 which was different from what was recorded on the phone that I dialed. She said, "Bye!" at the end and that was it. I asked the owner of the store who the telephone provider was and he said Localtel and I wondered because I went outside and a Charter telephone truck was parked outside, about 20 minutes ago, with plates B78064D.

No comments: