Thursday, March 25, 2010

Copy Of Complaint To Human Rights Commission

1. Personal Contact Information:
Cameo Garrett
1900 Skyline Dr./Wenatchee, WA/98801
Ph. 509-470-7650 Email. cameocares@live.com
Race: White Nationality: American Gender: Female
Heard about HRC through the internet.

2. I was discriminated against.

3. Discriminated Against By:
a. Judge Hotchkiss and Clerk Jo Jackson of Douglas County Courthouse.
b. Nic Yedinak (in particular, verbalized how they wouldn’t help me), Andrew Kottkamp, and Justin Titus of law firm Kottkamp & Yedinak. AG Anne McIntosh (newly added and add to main description if she refused to accomodate or was involved).
c. Dr. Richard Dickson with Wenatchee Valley Clinic.
d. Various state workers who have had a pattern of trying to prevent me from filing for physical disability and have constantly wanted to discredit these claims and try to force mental disability upon me instead.

I believe I have been discriminated against in regard to public accomodation and access to the public state courthouse and hearings and to be accommodated by a public defender and firm. I also have attempts made to block me from general assistance for migraine disability. I also believe it is discrimination of a physical disability and because of my opposition to discrimination (retaliatory).

4. I have tried to resolve the situation through speaking to my lawyers and emailing them, and emailing the court, and also in emailing and talking to the Clinic. I have also met with the state workers and was told if I wanted to see any money, I shouldn’t put down migraines because what they wanted to see me put down was mental illness for their own records (and probably, defense). The dates I tried to remedy this problem are throughout this month and earlier, the last date being yesterday, 3/24/2010.

I will put in a notice of my intention to sue within the next couple of months but there is nothing which I can do now to remedy what it happening with my custody case and how this affects my ability to be in a stable position and show what is going on.


6. Describing incidents of discrimination:

I have had an ongoing problem with discrimination for migraine disability in this area. First, beginning in 2005, I was labled as "drug seeking" and denied medical care and treatment for migraine at all, and then I had a problem with courts and public officials, who said I was mentally ill rather than suffering from migraine.

I have missed several hearings and been penalized for missing them, when I let people know ahead of time that the dates coincided with my migraine cycle. I lost a hearing on default for this reason, a couple years ago, in 2006-2007, and then more recently I tried to get accomodation for my custody case, and I was unable to do so.

I made my reasonable request to my public defender, Justin Titus with Kottkamp and Yedinak, who should have tried to get accomodations for me and hearings were held without my being present. The firm's lawyer, Nic, told me they were not going to help me. The secretary Sheryl, overheard. I had migraine coming up and they refused to put in a motion for continuance or to change the date ahead of time. This affected me last month at a hearing I wasn't required to be at, but which I wanted to attend anyway, as I felt it was important, and then just yesterday too, and I let the court know but they proceeded anyway. I was unable to go because of migraine but I gave them forewarning and I also let them know I was having one when it happened.

I have medical records, including 3 neurology reports, which confirm I have migraines. I tried to get disability money to help with my life situation and this case, until I straightened some things out, but I had people trying to keep me from getting disability. I should add that I also have been discriminated against by a doctor at a medical clinic and some state workers who told me I wouldn't get General Assistance for migraine and they wanted me to say mental illness was my problem, not migraines. When I tried to apply, the same neurologist who concurred with 2 others, that I DID have migraines, then tried to claim they were "zero severity" and didn't affect me at all. Dr. Richard Dickson. I went to the director, Dr. Stuart Freed, who said he would fill out the form as he is aware of my migraine history but he later said he had to see me and instead of seeing me right away so I could get this going, he put me out for a month later and said maybe he couldn’t help me either. I have people who do not want to validate my migraines.

I have very good documentation for my multiple requests to change hearing dates ahead of time or at least grant continuance. The last several months (4 months or so) I was blocked from access to legal resources and this probably made my migraines worse and contributed to some anxiety, for which I could have used continuance as well, but I specifically requested accomodation for migraine and was denied access to courts and legal resources.

Judge Hotchkiss is the Judge for this hearing and he apparently refused a reasonable request, on more than one occasion. Anne McIntosh is Attorney General and may have been uncooperative as well, in accomodating for migraine when asked.

I have many emails of my requests and medical documents to support my claims.


7. Date of last act of discrimination: 3/25/2010


8. I need immediate intervention as my custody case is so prejudiced now I don't know how anything can be done about it. But I want a new hearing so I have a chance to defend myself and make objections. I also want the calendar to be changed so the hearings are on other dates to allow for my migraine. I also would like to have no further delays on my application for general assistance for migraine.

I swear that the above statements are true to the best of my ability and are made for purposes of evidence in court and are subject to penalty for perjury.

Sincerely,

Cameo Garrett

No comments: