Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Anglican Pastor In Town

So I wrote to my lawyer "I wouldn't be so cocksure to think someone wasn't listening in on the phone when (you lied to me)" and I never use that word "cocksure" and then that day I met this guy who was in Europe for awhile, who is the new pastor in town for an Episcopal church. Doug Cockbill.

He said Episcopal is the same thing as Anglican basically and he's been here 2 weeks and was in Jerusalem and the Gulf for awhile. So I'm confused about how he got this English accent but he said he was in Europe for 20 years.

He just got here 2 weeks ago and I ended up sitting next to him when I didn't know who he was at all. After I sat down though, I said to him, "You're not from this area are you?" and then said something about I thought he was from out of the country and this was before he'd said a word. So he was the one who said, "How did you know that?"

He asked if I reeally believed in God or just went to church and sort of believed. I said I really do believe, sincerely. So he said we should get together and talk about God and he invited me to church. I told him I'd once gone to an Anglican church, many many years ago, in Portland, Oregon and thought the pastor was good. So I asked him why he was in Wenatchee and if he'd been put out to pasture. His remark was that he'd put up for torture or something like that. He was joking though. It wasn't hard to banter with him at least. I could probably toss one back with him and have some laughs.

One hour after using the word "cocksure" I meet Cockbill. He wrote his name down and I almost passed out. I was calm and collected though. Then, I hoped he wasn't making fun and that I wasn't sport because it said "HELP" on the paper he gave me from his inbox and then something about banking and then beggars and I hoped he didn't think I was a beggar. I guess some might but if they knew what I've been up against maybe not.

I feel I have half of the world with their feet on my back, arms folded, watching the clock. My son to the side, no one cares. It's me they care about. Maybe others, wanting me to get ahead but wondering what in the world is going on themselves.

I decided to look for a random scripture verse online and I got this one. I decided not to click on the first link that came up but just went random. I guess it's for yesterday though.

Romans 8:37
Yesterday, March 27, 2010, 12:01:00 AM
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Then I clicked on the verses passage:

Isaiah 61:1
Yesterday, March 27, 2010, 12:01:00 AM
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound....

No comments: