Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Letter From DSHS In Spokane Claiming 4 Year Backlog

I got an email from a DSHS worker in Spokane, who told me today that they couldn't process my records release request within the allotted 30 days. She claimed it was going to take 60-90 days because of "backlog".

I had to write back and inquire about the 4 yr. "backlog" since I made my FIRST request for full records, from their department, in the Fall of 2006. That was 4 years ago.

I have submitted, to the State of Washington Department of Social and Health Services, over 4 requests for public records release, and signed for it in person at their offices, and got copies of my request about half of the time.

My first request that was documented and was for full inclusive records was made in 2006. I made several other requests, but for the FULL inclusive requests, with copies of my requests and asking for everything, not just bits and pieces, there have been about 3-6 others.

So I wrote back this evening asking "What happened to them? and where are they?"

No comments: