Saturday, July 14, 2012

Will Wagler impression & The Pixies

I tried to see if I could see anything about health from Will Wagler but it was different.  I think it was nothing but my imagination, seriously.  With others, I have thought it's more accurate, or something actual, but this is probably imagination.

I didn't really pick up on any health issue as much as shins being kicked and a punch to the side of the head.  I don't know why anyone would try to beat him--he's not intimidating I don't think, and he works as a librarian.  I just kept thinking the front of his shins had been kicked a lot at some point, or hurt from a few blows, and then something about maybe one punch or blow to the face on the right side of his face. 

I think I'm most likely wrong about him.  Others it seems correct but this was more like someone I knew, who maybe my imagination came into play with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9XhuDGLwyk

I decided to find out who the Pixies are.  First time I've heard them and I chose this song, "Hey".  Wait, I've heard at least one of these songs because I remember the painting  of the marchionette (msp) monkey.

My next song was "Baby".  It talks about Number 13.  What's the deal with 13.

They're extremely modern sounding for 1989 (the Pixies).  I think there is a place for voices that are maybe not very good, but can convey a message or emotion.  It's obviously contrived, most of this, but it's also well-placed and well-thought.  It's accurate, planned.  Sort of less spontaneously occuring but doesn't hurt the effect.  It sounds like while they are raw sounding, they put a lot of effort into their practice and are perfectionists.  I listened to a song from the Pilgrim album and then one from Surfer Rosa--didn't like the Surfer Rosa one that I heard, but both Pilgrim songs were good.



No comments: