Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ukrainian Woman Reminded Me of Me

I won't say a thing about her name or where she's from or anything, but this woman walked by and I know I look older and we're different, but as she was passing I thought, "She reminds me of me" and I had to ask her what her ethnicitiy was and she said Ukraine mainly and a little Polish and a little Hungarian.

I rarely meet women who remind me of myself in some way, but she did. She looked different but something about her mannerisms and the, when she and I were talking together we both used our hands to gesture in the same way and at the same time.

It was really uncanny.

When she was with her other friends I didn't notice and then by herself, walking out ahead I saw her walking and thought oh my gosh.

I've seen other women more recently that reminded me of myself, in appearance, like a redhead who looked almost just like me when I was younger. She was really pretty and I am so much older and look different now than I did when I was young. But her mannerisms didn't remind me of me, just her appearance. That one looked almost identical to me when I was 16-24 years old, and had naturally red hair and same face shape and a lot of similar things but this other woman was the first time I ssaw something about me in her manner. She didn't even have red hair either and her skin was a little darker tone.

That was sort of weird. I was just saying to her, how she reminded me of myself in some way and then she made a comment and used her hand and then I did the same thing unconsciously and reflected after-the-fact that it was just the way I gesture and we sort of mirrored eachother.

I had someone the other day, tell me I should do a blood test of genetics to trace where I come from or the genetic profile and make-up and I think this would be fun to do someday in the future. I think they are pretty specialized now to where they can pinpoint things.

One of the sort of funny things I saw today too was this little girl, really cute and about 6 or 7 years old and when she smiled, she had these very pointy insicor teeth like fangs and her first two front teeth were missing and I said, "And you are getting some new teeth!" and she grinned again and I said, "I LOVE that look." It was really cute bc she looked like the girl from the Vampire movies.

No comments: