Monday, November 8, 2010

Child Prostitution Ring

I read an article about a child prostitution ring being cracked and I am so glad about it. I am thankful for people who investigate this kind of thing and help kids.

I was approached by someone today who is an offender of children and just got released. That was interesting. I was fine, but after awhile, while I was interested in motivations and what his perspectives were, and value his work in counseling and group stuff, I told him it was really not a great idea for me, in this town, to be seen with a child offender. I told him that while I understood he is in recovery and we are adults and no children are present, this town gets so hyped on gossip, someone might try to say something that wasn't true. He was okay with that.

No comments: