Saturday, November 6, 2010

In Captivity (1 photo & preface to the photos)


I took some photos last night, mainly bored and experimenting with my cheap, no adjustment laptop. I had talked to someone earlier in the day about flower shows and how I used to have a 35mm and one of my favorite thing to photograph was flowers.

I still remember the way the light filtered through the petals of the flowers and gave them a translucent hue. It was beautiful, and really fed my soul. So I took photos of camellias (it was a HUGE flower show) and a few mums. Mainly they were camellias. Hmm, wait, thinking now that the petals were too delicate to be camellias...they weren't roses but looked a lot like roses. I'll have to look up flowers again and make sure I know what I'm talking about. My photos were not very good, but it was fun to do. My art photo b&w photos were much better on an artistic level.

So last night I had 2 glasses of wine and turned on the music and took photos, which had myself in them, because I had no other prop or model. Some of them are okay for photos and others I kept bc they looked a little artsy. However, they're not very good bc this is a laptop that was bottom end ($400) and it doesn't do anything special. I can't alter the photos either.

I like old fashioned photo stuff. I think digital is cool, but I really love the old fashioned 35mm and the darkroom most of all. For artistic purposes. If I took a photography class again, I would only be interested in a 35mm/darkroom class where you can adjust how the prints turn out and you do your own negatives. I don't have any interest in digital other than that I have always been interested in getting a videocamera and doing short short films. But that's different.

Also, my last disclaimer, is that I feel and look much uglier. My skin and these circles are from something in this town because even when I was chased all over the place while traveling and didn't sleep, I had LESS dark circles and my skin was looking better. I wasn't having the technology stuff happen either. It was a lot of harassment, but I guess I was on the move so much, it was harder for some group to do other stuff. And my health improved

So last night, I didn't even try to focus or aim for anything. It was more of a free-for-all clicking a LOT and hoping maybe something interesting would turn out. I didn't spend very much time. I do like the results of some and think I captured some different moods and look different in them, which is good. Some, I even look ugly in or different somehow, but I kept them for artistic reasons of interest. Might delete later. I knew someone could see and was watching what I was doing, because I had the camera on myself but I didn't care. Usually I cover up the webcam with a sticker, because women, I am telling you, men have confirmed to me, they CAN remotely turn things on to access what they can see through YOUR webcam. So that's a warning.

Also, the place where I took these is a dump but still, I liked it for artistic reasons. I guess I would label these under the title "In Captivity". I met some war veterans today after sampling some wine and things and they said, "Well, things will get better when you hit the rack." It sounded like he said when I was in Iraq and I asked him to repeat and said no I was not going to Iraq, but I was just about to post some photos under the heading, "In Captivity" and they all laughed. I tried a few different wines. I liked a red one and a white one best. That's descriptive isn't it?

I'll put them on the next post.

No comments: