Thursday, November 18, 2010

Harassment at Indigo Hotel ("we only have a camera cord")

This is unbelievable.

My cord totally blew up at this hotel.

I was told to contact Tim Parker, who manages the hotel. I went downstairs to the Starbucks to see if he had come in and one of the barristas offered me one more free drink (they gave me coupon for the blow up of my whole cord).

After offering me another complimentary drink, she then turned around to say to me, in front of other people, that her boss told her to tell me "We can't give you free drinks all day."

Totally insulting me as if I had even asked for free drinks all day.

Then, I went to the receptionist desk and the woman said Tim was out and that some other woman could see if they had a replacement cord for me.

They had these 2 cans of green and yellow paint sitting on the windowsill.

There is no green or yellow wall in the entire lobby.

I said, "What are the cans of paint for?" and she said, "The wall" and I said, "There isn't a green or yellow wall in the whole lobby." They were miniature cans of paint.

Then this woman comes out of the office and says, "Can I see your laptop cord please? because we think we have a replacement cord for you."

I took it out and she looked at the label but wasn't really looking so I wondered what she was doing. I had already told her I had an Acer laptop.

So then she comes back to me and says, "I thought we had 2 laptop cords left that could replace yours but all we have is a camera cord."

What does having a camera cord have to do with my laptop?

Then, the front desk receptionist started to say the cord blew itself up. She said, "When you mix a positive and a negative that's what you get".

I said, "Are you kidding me? I plug this cord into outlets all the time and there is nothing wrong with the cord. This is not normal. It blew UP and severed the wires even in a huge cloud of smoke and sparks."

She said the fire department had already come through to inspect their electrical stuff.

She continued to say my cord did this to itself and over and over, the "negative and positive" thing. Which has nothing to do with my cord being plugged in either.

What it does remind me of is email I had sent to someone by the name of Erik Lund--no, it wasn't him, it was Robin Bechtold. Erik Lund lived in Norway for some time and is best friends with my old high school boyfriend Robin Bechtold. I said something to him about a negative and a positive and he countered with something else. Other than this, unless she was trying to imply something else, I have no clue what her point was, other than to be extremely rude and haughty over having nothing more than an enormous rack. Sometimes, this makes up for brains, and is preferred to brains in the hiring process.

There were 3 wires to my cord and 2 were totally blown up and off. One wire is not blown off. One.

I think, for a group of people who claim to have had no idea this was going to happen, they certaintly had a lot of quaint and prepared answers and insinuations.

I told the woman at the front desk that I didn't believe Mr. Parker was taking the right direction with regard to my cord when I had just found out he actually talked to the barristas for Starbucks (who are hired by Starbucks, not him, to my knowledge, unless Indigo Hotel owns Starbucks now) and told them to humiliate me in front of customers.

I wish now that I had not taken any drinks at all from this Starbucks.

There had been something else that was pretty odd, happening here too, but maybe on a different day I'll bring that up.

I'm starting to figure out more things now though. Because I now understand why some things got out, about me, to the UK when I used the Wenatchee, WA Holiday Inn business center. Indigo Hotel and Holiday Inn are affiliated with the same group, in the UK. There are a lot of dirty U.S. rats who want nothing more than to gain some kind of favor. They are the golden ass kissers. At least the man from Quatar did not face the ass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most, if not all power packs for laptops are produced with 3 wires like you are stating. The "third" wire is the ground (the round metal post on the end that plugs into the wall). If this is the case for you, there's no way to get the hot and neutral's switched such as they are stating, that ground post insures that it's plugged in correctly. It's more likely, unbeknownst to you, there was a "nick" in your cord causing the hot and neutral to touch and cause the damage to your cord? -my two cents worth

Mama said...

Hmm.

I don't know. I will respond to this in a minute because I have to move to another computer with more time allowance