Thursday, November 18, 2010

Church Today & Prayer

I had no place to pray today, not having my regular house. So I had passed the Episcopal church but didn't go in--not wanting to be accused of trying to be a royal roost. I went to the Baptist church which was the next one around the corner from where I was. But they didn't have an open sanctuary to pray at. So they referred me back to the Episcopal (which is sort of like Anglican church).

I walked past red roses and thistles and kept thinking, "Oh egad." I guess that's sort of Archie-comic-bookish and I didn't really think "egad" but just quit breathing hoping something crazy didn't happen next.

Well, it was a weird deal because I talked to this homeless man about resources in the town and he was referring to his book and then 4 corners of the world. I told him I'd prayed for the 4 angels of the winds to part the turbulence when I was on the second half of the plane journey here. I was laughing with him.

So next I went to church.

This big truck with a huge E went by and a Makers Mark whiskey van and then I was passing this st...

Oh wait, no, after I saw this man and we talked, the weirdest thing happened in the sky. The clouds parted and a long single beam of sunlight was broadly shining through, in one direction, like, to the left. I was weird. THEN, a few blocks down and around the corner, the clouds parted again and the same beam of light, going in the other direction. It was very strange--enough to make me wonder who was messing with the weather and how much can the govt. or scientists do these days.

So then I went and there was a bench that said, "Daughter of the King" which made me think of Elizabeth I suppose. But could be anyone, because Christ is King.

Then inside the theme was peace.

I don't want to write about everything--not everything, but it was sort of interesting.

I did pray for a lot of things. The vibe went from good to something troubled to good again. I prayed for some things to change and for different things to change with me as well, in my life and with my attitude. I read from the Book of Prayer and later looked at books and then I looked at things in the gift room.

I'll write more about it tomorrow. One of the best things was seeing this stained glass with a child holding a lantern and it looked just like the one from my dream. Same type, size and shape.

I prayed for protection and strength from God and for peace. I suppose other things too..I can write a small amount more tomorrow.

No comments: