Sunday, July 1, 2012

Milk Thistle Tincture (Photos)

I need to get the camera back on my other computer bc it's 10x better.  However, I took a couple of photos to show how I sealed my tinctures. 

There's stuff in the background but it had no contact with anything when I opened it.  I sterilized the strainer by washing it with a little bleach and then soap and then rinsing repeatedly.  Then I boiled it for awhile, in a pot, and then rinsed again and then added a little colloidal silver with my finger to spread around the net.

I used a knife to then cut into the wax and lifted off the top and then there was the second part with rubber seal (the thing that causes the vinegar to drop out of holes in the stopper, and not pour out).  I used different bottles with the same design because it was easiest to seal them with wax.

There was zero wax residue and I didn't get any inside the jar at all.  So my sealing work is good.

Then I poured the tincture and milk thistle through the strainer and into dark glass jars.  I need another kind but then from there I sealed these (for now) with shipping tape over the lids and then corners pressed together to make it tamper-proof.  That's until it's opened. 

To market it later, I would find a different tamper-proof seal or possibly sell some with the wax on the entire bottle.  Like, sell small bottles and larger ones with wax on for gifts or higher cost. 

At first I felt embarressed by how my wax turned out.  It really looked like a male organ, phallic, and I started one with solid white and then not even thinking, thought I'd add a hint of my pink wax just to use it up.  So then I had to dip them more to seal them better and they turned out to look like fake male parts which was not what I was going for.

I also decided I didn't want the color wax in with the white paraffin for some parts of sealing bc it has added things.  So I used white parafin (no additives) wherever there was possible contact with tincture.  I left the color bc it uses my wax up. 

I thought though, you know, it's sort of fitting even if it looks one way.  I mean, God created this, and it's milk thistle tincture with health for prostate stuff in mind, so why is it "bad" looking? 

So I think that I might have little tincture bottles with droppers for most of it, when I start selling, and then I might leave a few full bottles with the wax as it so happens to look phallic, because it suits the medicinal purpose even if it looks that way, and it's a good way to keep it sealed up.  Then all you have to do is strain the seeds yourself if you're buying it that way.

I'm not fully in my selling stage yet.  Still working on things.  Once I sell, I will have stricter sterilization than I even do now, including, a workplace that I un-clutter first.  But really, it's from one sterile process to the next and it's not out in the open at all.  I make this straight from the sterilized bottles and filling them with seed and alcohol, to sterile sealing, to sterile transfer from bottle to smaller jars, through a sterilized strainer.  I also rinsed the new bottles lightly with a small amount of distilled water and colloidal silver (1 drop) before pouring the tincture into it.  Not really any colloidal at all, but just to rinse lightly.

This is after cutting

This is the underside of the top of the seal, so it's very solid, and then this is the plastic stopper which I fill separately with wax.  So basically, I put this plastic thing inside the neck of the glass bottle after it has wax sealing off the little holes.  Then I fit the stopper inside and then I can turn the bottle upside down or to the side to start dipping into the melted parafin.  I keep sealing until I have no air bubbles and then dry.  After it dries, if it shrinks, and air bubbles puncture through the seal, I then add another layer(s) to seal this off.

After I cut it off with a knife, I lightly put the stopper over the top (not pushing it in) and then the cut off top of wax on the top.   So this is after I already poured out the tincture, to show height of seal.

It sort of looks like an egg.  I had a green drink the other day and it coated the inside of my cup with the same color of that green-yellow part of the egg yolk and was inside a white egg shaped glass.  I think it made me think of this bc there was an egg holder on a mcdonalds bag that was nearby.


No comments: