Wednesday, March 26, 2008

AG and CPS Refuse My Son Appropriate Medical Diagnostics

Email to AG Caballero and the State repeating the necessity of MRI for my son when they refuse the diagnostic:

(to Caballero from Cameo Garrett, March 26, 2008)

You scheduled appointments for my son with speech therapists I did NOT approve of, and you did not even ask me. You have no right, and you didn't even let me know what was going on. I do NOT consent to any further evaluation or "work up" by Wenatchee speech therapists. My choice is for a speech therapist in Seattle. Your therapists have already exhibited incompetence by attempting to evaluate my son with ZERO input from his biological mother who lived with him and took consistent and accurate records of his development. No therapist worth their salt would make evaluations without consulting the parent about the child's history and the parent's observations. Additionally, when I signed my son up to see a speech therapist in Canada, she said she would test his hearing at the first visit, and if it was okay, she would then have him evaluated by a child psychologist, and THEN, on the 3rd visit, schedule him for MRI. My son is not a child that is slow to speak, he was SPEAKING and then quit, and he has a medical history of severe head trauma from childbirth in addition to other things, including possible exposure to pesticides. Just the fact that my son had a head injury, with a scab for over 3 months (which I took photos of), and also had abnormally high bilirubin counts at 3 months of age, is indication enough that later on, edema, scar tissue development, or an entire host of things could have contributed to his sudden slackening of his vocabulary altogether. He was also exposed to pesticides, as I told you, and damage from this could show up in his brain. My son also received a mistaken vaccination from Dr. Butler at 2 months of age, which was high in thimerserol, mercury, and he could have evidence of mercury toxins. And that's even aside from what I have already said I believe happened to me and my son the last 4 months before we left for Canada. If my son's current PCP, Dr. Hornbee, doesn't agree, it may be because she also has not cared enough to consult with the mother of the child about his history. If Dr. Hornbee is not reasonable enough to give a referral for MRI in Seattle, I would wager her affiliation with Central Washington Hospital is factoring into her decision-making. It would be the hospital, as well as the midwife with hospital rights, and Dr. Butler, who would be sued for medical malpractice and evidence of damages in my son, for the trauma and injuries my son incurred at childbirth. As you know, the reason statutes of limitations are extended for children who suffered from childbirth injuries, is because those initial injuries tend not to immediately manifest into future problems. Both dentists my son has seen, who are pediatric dentists, concur my son's very rare enamel dysplasia is most likely caused by his traumatic childbirth. The extreme pressure over too-lengthy period plus force, they told me, disrupts the enamel formation which is already taking place beneath the gums. I have documentation that my son and I were injured in childbirth, and then the hospital tried to cover it up, and write up his birth as a normal and "spontaneous" delivery, and then began making complaints to CPS and rallying other doctors in Wenatchee around them, when I told them I was going to find a lawyer in Seattle who would sue them for what they did/have done. You let me, and the good public in Wenatchee, know why you, the State, and Dr. Hornbee object to my son having an MRI, when it is clearly warranted and is the best possible indicator of what happened to my son. Cameo ________________________________> Subject: RE: Request For State Mental Health Eval.> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:55:24 -0700> From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV> To: cameocares@live.com; SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov> > > Ms. Garrett, greetings. I would like to address several concerns in your email. Currently Oliver is in temporary state custody pending a determination of shelter care at the April 16, 2008 hearing. Therefore, the Department can authorize routine medical care for your child. Ms. Scanlon is acting consistent with her duties in setting up evaluations and treatment of your child. If you specifically object to Ms. Scanlon’s referrals for services as to Oliver, I would urge you to file a proper motion with the court to enjoin Ms. Scanlon from doing so. Ms. Scanlon considers her actions to be consistent with her professional duties.> > > > As to notice of evaluations, I have discussed with Ms. Scanlon the issue of notice and participation in Oliver’s medical appointments. Ms. Scanlon will provide you advanced notice of appointments and to the extent the appointment is not at the relative caretaker’s house, you would be encouraged to participate.> > > > As to the MRI, the Department does not have any medical opinion that Oliver should participate in an MRI. If you have medical opinion to the contrary, please provide to Ms. Scanlon. An MRI can be a distressing experience for a young child and one will not be undertaken without a request from a properly qualified medical provider.> > > > Finally, I have not yet seen a notice of appearance from an attorney. Can you update me on your efforts to obtain counsel? I will be objecting to further continuances of the shelter care because this case needs to go forward. I will also be asking the court to appoint you counsel at public expense because your refusal to accept indigent defense counsel and your inability to retain private counsel should not further delay this case. Certainly if you have a documented medical condition, the migraine cycle that you previously mentioned, I would not be opposed to a short continuance to accommodate your medical condition. If you are able to provide Ms. Scanlon with medical records substantiating the migraine cycle I would be willing to address the matter with the court prior to the 4-16-08 hearing.> > > > Please refrain from using profanity in further emails. They are disturbing and uncalled for.> > > > With Professional Courtesy,> > > > Tomas Caballero> > Assistant Attorney General>

No comments: