Monday, March 31, 2008

Email Correspondence with Caballero

Correspondence with AG Tomas Caballero, best read from bottom to top, in order of chronology. I may sound harsh, but they have been jerking me around and treating me and my son like shit. Suddenly, he puts on the "Mr. Professional" front. I would like to find someone supporting me for a private attorney, because I do not believe a court appointed lawyer will be more effective than I would be. Neither option is good. I need a private practice attorney to skewer these assholes. Emails below:


By the way darling, How do you suppose the court will feel about my representing myself, in lieu of the fact I am allegedly mentally ill which is the sole basis of your removal of my son? Hmm. Quite the connundrum I think. Allow me to go pro se because there is zero proof I'm incompetent, but keep my son from me because of...what? suspicion? Which, of course may all be overturned later on appeal if it is later decided I was mentally ill to begin with, at the start and therefore unable to effect my own counsel. You picked the wrong chick. If I were you, I'd go ahead and fire up your cigar. Hell, why not fire up 2 and smoke them out of both sides of your lying mouth? Your loafers are right by the front door where you left them, aren't they? If I were you, I'd go back, put them on, and take a walk in the park for the last time in a very long time. You're mine. Cameo

At which point I would ask the court to remind you what your ethics obligations are, especially as a supposed lawyer serving the "public interest." Regardless of what happens to me, you're fried Caballero. You won't be the first and will probably not be the last. I am writing down my story, and people are ready to know what has happened and been happening, and when I'm finished, they will be looking at you to find out what your role in this has been. Call in your back-up. Oh, you have already, haven't you? ----------------------------------------> Subject: Pro se litigation.> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:35:48 -0700> From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV> To: cameocares@live.com> > Ms. Garrett, here are some citations that stand for the proposition that> a pro se litigant is held to the same standard as an attorney:> > "A litigant appearing pro se is bound by the same rules of procedure and> substantive law as his or her attorney would have been had the litigant> chosen to be represented by counsel." Patterson v. Superintendent of> Public Instruction,76 Wash.App. 666, 887 P.2d 411 (1994) (citing In re> Marriage of Olson, 69 Wash.App. 621, 626, 850 P.2d 527 (1993)).> > Pro se litigants are held to the same standards as those of an attorney.> Batten v. Abrams, 28 Wash.App. 737, 739 n. 1, 626 P.2d 984, review> denied , 95 Wn.2d 1033 (1981).> > Ms. Garrett, you have an absolute right to represent yourself in these> proceedings or to obtain counsel of your choosing. However, if you are> unable to retain counsel and you decide to proceed on your own, I will> request the court advise you of what "pro se" representation entails> including that you will be held to the same standard as an attorney. > > Regards, Tomas Caballero, Assistant> > TOMAS CABALLERO> Assistant Attorney General> Regional services division> Wenatchee> 509-664-6385 / fax 509-664-6391> E-mail: tomasc@atg.wa.gov> > > > > -----Original Message-----> From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com] > Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:22 AM> To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG)> Subject: RE: Photos For My Son> > > When I'm in town next, I'll get a book out of storage, called something> like, "The Pro Se Litigant" or whatever. It's a Bar Association> publication which guides judges on how to treat pro se people, with case> citations. > > I am happy to receive your citations. I would like to look them up.> > You cannot force me to take counsel Mr. Caballero. Maybe if you had a> formal document from a licensed psychiatrist, which said they had> already diagnosed me as incompetent. You have nothing.> > You removed my son with lack of grounds and my son and I have been> damaged as a result. You know it, and you even had CPS call me and ask> me about dismissing this case. Why the change of heart in dismissing> your own case? Suddenly I'm a big threat again? or you got the "judge"> you want? You were thinking of dismissing it with Judge Hotchkiss but> not Wise. And Wise went along with you in court, and probably doesn't> want to upset people in Wenatchee after she and her husband had> difficulties in Chelan and Manson. Her husband's father is a strong> supporter of Children's Home Society which is heavily connected to CPS.> She has several medical practicioners in her own family, which could> make her sympathetic to doctors in town. She's a woman and women are> harder on other women--they butt heads, especially strong willed women> which I'm guessing, she and I both are. She and her husband have made> donations to medical organizations in town. > > Want to hear about your family too?> > By the time you're "done" with me, you and the state are going to have> at least 10 other cases you'll have to relitigate and reopen, because> I'm talking to other people, and they're coming forward with their own> crappy CPS cases, where they got railroaded WITH public defense.> > You voluntarily dismiss this, with certain agreements in place, you will> have my ear. At the least, this should be removed from Wenatchee. I> would hate to drag skeletons out of their closets in that town; they're> a little dusty aren't they? Must be from the great weather--harder to> clean things up when it never rains.> > > > > > ________________________________> > Subject: Re: Photos For My Son> > Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:30:54 -0700> > From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV> > To: cameocares@live.com; SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov> > > > > > Ms. Garrett, they are and that is why you need to retain a lawyer> immediately or the court should appoint you a lawyer. I can send you> citations to cases that stand for this proposition. Once again if you> are dissatisfied with discovery you need to either file discovery or> move to compel discovery. As I understand it Ms. Scanlon has provided> discovery and will continue to update discovery as the case goes on.> Regards. Tomas Caballero AAG> > > > ----- Original Message -----> > From: cam huegenot > > To: Caballero, Tomas (ATG)> > Sent: Fri Mar 28 17:15:14 2008> > Subject: RE: Photos For My Son> > > > > > Mr. Caballero,> > > > Pro se litigants are NOT held to the same standards; in fact, they are> to be regarded with leniency in their pleadings and requests, and even> "motions" may be written as letters. Historically, letters by pro se> persons, making observable requests (motions) for things, are taken as> formal motions and pleadings. To ignore this standard sets the> framework for appeal.> > > > You have been aware of what my past discovery requests were, and you> responded. Sometimes, you ignored my requests, and put me off, but you> acknowledged they were discovery requests. If you now choose to ignore> my discovery requests and deny me this information, it will be further> proof of bad faith.> > > > You know I had the right to be notified and consulted as to> appointments for my son and you ignored this. You and CPS have multiple> conflicts of interest. Your office was obtaining information from me> months prior to involving CPS, and even told me, after speaking to me> for hours, it was a conflict of interest for them to talk to me. I have> also found out CASA is headed up by wives of medical professionals in> town, all of which have covered up for the damages done to both me and> my son. Your "speech therapists" didn't even contact me to obtain a> history of my son's development, which, I'm being told, is> unprofessional. I have talked to many people, including people with> early intervention and PAVE and ADA, and your handling of this case and> CPS's handling of this case, amounts to bad faith, discrimination, and> an attempt to do what is in the best interest of DSHS, not my son.> > > > Please let me know about discovery.> > > > I have cc'd you in my emails just as Marie has cc'd you and YOU have> also cc'd Marie AND CASA. I am unable to afford postage for U.S. mail> and email is the only way I am able to make my requests in writing. It> would be discriminatory for you to refuse my communications on the basis> of poverty. I have the right to be pro se, and there is no law> preventing me from advocating for myself and my son, without court> appointed "assistance".> > > > Should you choose to ignore my attempts to confer and gain discovery,> this will be used in a court of appeals. I remind you, you cannot force> me to take representation. The only way I will take representation, is> if it is out of the area, with this case being removed to Whatcom or> King county.> > > > Thanks> > > > Cameo> > > > > > > > ----------------------------------------> >> Subject: RE: Photos For My Son> >> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:06:08 -0700> >> From: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV> >> To: cameocares@live.com; SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov> >>> >> Ms. Garrett, I would appreciate if from now on you would not cc me in> >> your emails. If you want to communicate with me about your case, you> >> can do so via U.S. Mail. I will respond to this last email. If you> are> >> dissatisfied with Marie's handling of discovery in this case, please> >> formulate appropriate discovery pleadings and send to my office. I> will> >> review them with Marie and answer them pursuant to the court rules.> You> >> can propound interrogatories, requests for admissions, and request> for> >> productions. The court rules provide for specific timelines to> respond> >> to discovery requests. An attorney can certainly assist you in> pursuing> >> your discovery requests. In the meantime, Ms. Scanlon will continue> to> >> provide you with discovery pursuant to her office's policies and> >> procedures. As you may know, even though you are proceeding "pro se"> at> >> this time, you are held to the same standards as an attorney.> >>> >> Regards, Tomas Caballero> >>> >>> >> "Print Only If Necessary"> >>> >> TOMAS CABALLERO> >> Assistant Attorney General> >> Regional Services Division> >> Wenatchee> >> 509-664-6385 / fax 509-664-6391> >> E-mail: tomasc@atg.wa.gov

No comments: