Monday, March 17, 2008

For Nate, In Canada

I'm not asking for money! I feel funny writing to you after my last post, but you kept coming to mind yesterday and I think the day before, and I wanted to let you know, if you ever care to check on me, that I remember you. You stood out. And you know that I know this isn't a come-on because you are engaged. I knew there was something different about you though, and I was glad you were there at the hearing. For some reason, you seemed to be more reflective. I remember things you talked about, because I caught on that there was something more to you than just the job. Seaside surfing, your discussion of Portland and maybe moving there, the American, Canadian, and British relatives, dance clubs, music, your friend who set you up with your fiance, and your questions. I was pretty upset, and I talked a lot, and droned on the way, but I have thought about you for some reason and am glad you witnessed the hearing and all that took place. I saw that you were paying attention. I'm still wearing those same shoes, with the green tape wrapped around the ends (as you suggested) so I could thread them through the holes. Maybe that's what keeps your memory alive, ha ha. Do you remember the diaper joke and the way that guard looked at me? like I was serious? I think I even had to laugh and say can't I have a sense of humor after what I've been through, for him to realize I joking.

Keep up the good work.

There are other Canadians to mention and thank but I'm still figuring out who was "for me" and who was "against me" and I have to be careful right now because of legal matters.

Sincerely,

No comments: