Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No More Marijuana For Me

It works. The marijuana. I had my second migraine period, which comes after menstruation, and didn't get a migraine. Instead, I had a throbbing horrible tension headache which I've used OTCs for, 2 days in a row. But much better than migraine. I only had that one day of small inhales and wanted to try 2 days; I think 2 days would have been better, but for now, I know the trial has been long enough. I didn't want to quit after just 1 month of no migraines, because I wouldn't be able to tell for sure. So I continued.

Because I don't have a medical permit for using marijuana for this condition, I'm going to quit now. I still have 3 nasal spray things of Migranol from Canada, which I've never had to use yet. I'll use those until I get approval from a doctor to use the marijuana for total prevention. But I can't continue with my experiment right now while trying to get my son back. I didn't smoke for recreation and I'm certaintly not addicted. I don't want to quit because I haven't tried the Migranol yet and I know I'll get my migraine and then have to find something to kill enough so I don't have to go to ER.

But at this point, I'm no longer smoking until I have a legal permit. I know enough to know it works, and to recommend it to others, and for right now, I have to stop. I am fully willing to be tested randomly to see whether I use or not anymore, and I am willing to give up hair to prove I've been honest about everything, years back, and now.

Carry on! and wish me luck finding a good doc who understands.

No comments: