Sunday, March 23, 2008

Migraine Experiment Update 2

Yesterday I saw a new variety of marijuana. I don't know what it was called, but it had tons of crystals and lots of red hairs (which contain THC I'm told) and it smelled like Celestial Seasonings Peach & Mango herbal tea. I think CS has that brand? It smelled like a peach and mango tea I used to drink, at any rate.

I was told this stuff was very, very, good, and stronger, and that one could get "high" from one inhale. I needed to take some to prevent my next migraine but was afraid to try this stuff. So I took 2 baby inhales from a packed glass pipe and didn't even get anything in my lungs at all. Then someone carbed it for me and handed me the pipe and I inhaled. I got one decent inhale which didn't make me cough, and afterwhich I could feel very mild effects. Pretty much, not high, just slightly "smiley".

I tell you though, marijuana does NOT produce any kind of "euphoria" for me at all. I sometimes felt more effects from one 5 mg. Percocet than from this stuff. I truly have been using it to prevent my migraines and nothing else and I'm afraid of getting high--even squinty-eyed. But I'm trying to figure out a good dosage for prevention and I'm started with the lowest dose I imagine might help. I need at least one more day of inhales, I think, to prepare for next migraine.

Someone recently offered to provide some to me for free, and said to go under the radar with it. I am going to take it for free, but I can't go under the radar. It really does prevent my migraines and helps me and I've already discussed it openly. I need help validating my use of it, and have to find a doctor but it's going to be very difficult.

I would really appeal to the federal government to please legalize marijuana and to at least put it on Schedule II so doctors aren't afraid to help people. I am in shock at how effective this is, and how mild, and yet it was a secret unknown to me for so long. I used to think, "The only people who want to legalize marijuana are stoners themselves." I was wrong. Because this stuff has such a bad rap, I never heard about it before for migraines. I know for sure that I wouldn't have gone to the trouble to seek out a permit, because I would figure the slight possibility it actually worked for me wouldn't outweigh the stigma of being looked at with suspicion.

I am so concerned that the very "cure" for prevention of migraines is being withheld from all of us who suffer and who have lost so much because of them. I'm concerned too that there is no freedom to try it without risk. Here people are, going in for BOTOX injections to stop their migraines, and this is not usually effective. The same thing that reduces eye pressure and helps glaucoma also reduces the pressure behind the eye from migraine. The same thing that helps those with seizures, helps keep migraines from recurring; it's a preventative.

It works. It's not sedating in the least, and there are no harmful effects. It's so mild and it doesn't make your brain numb like Topamax. And you could grow it in your own garden for free! How much MONEY have I spent, has the STATE spent, on MY MIGRAINE HEADACHES? How many ER trips could have been avoided? How much of the stigma against my name could have been prevented, and instead of getting a 3.7 GPA while taking 20 credits of upper level college courses and working PT, maybe I could have made 4.0. ? (not that migraines were the only factor in getting lower grades than I'm capable of) I certaintly know I would have, and can now be, a more "dependable" employee, and that I am no longer limited by migraines.

I know I've been going on and on and saying the same thing over and over, but people need to know about this stuff. It could have spared me over a decade's worth of misery.

It is a miracle drug. For those with migraine, it should be as available as aspirin, and socially accepted. The federal government can make a difference by helping to remove the stigma. It is morally wrong to withhold this kind of information from the public. I don't need any further studies. I know it works. But other people who need further studies, should enable researchers access to marijuana. I don't think you have to have scientific "amounts" all figured out though. It's a matter, I believe, of personal trial and error. What small amount works for me may not work for someone else. Men and women metabolize drugs differently, natural redheads have a gene that requires more anasthesia to put them under, heavyweights and lightweights require differing amounts, and there are all kinds of factors. The main research should not be, I don't think, on isolating one particular substance within the marijuana plant from another, but to find a way to offer the total product in a way that releases the fewest carcinogens.

I was pointed towards a site called "Seattle Greencross" for the state of Washington. There are also helpful Washington laws and guidelines about how medical marijuana is legal and for what conditions. I really want to find a doctor though, and it's going to be difficult. This is wrong because it shouldn't be difficult for me to access something that prevents irretractable pain. And this is now affecting my ability to get my son back, because unless I have a doctor to validate this need, my use of "marijuana" will be used against me. The prevention of my migraines helps not just me, it helps my son in my care of him.

I don't want others to go through what I've gone through and that's why I've chosen to speak up about it, while I'm still trying to get my son back. I may be suffering, and my son may be suffering, but this was already out of our hands. No one else should be made to suffer in the meantime. If I can spare one mother even one less month of horrid migraines, I've done a good thing. How many parents and kids can be helped by the knowledge I can share, right now, without waiting for my own personal struggles to be straightened out?

I love you O. Happy Easter.

No comments: