Thursday, March 27, 2008

Panic! At the Disco Hitlist

Frivolous post, but forgot I liked Blink 182's "I Miss You" AND heard a non-soul/hip hop female singer I newly adore: Fiest. Just heard "1234". Voice of a goddess, that girl. The acoustics too, and recording is very good--you can't drown out a voice like that. It wants to be as close to the ear as possible. Musicians will know what I'm trying to say, where my literary skills fail me. This hitlist has some crazy videos, which I'm not in love with--too newspapers, beats, & goth meets abstract --uh, don't want to say "art"--industrialism??? but the music I like. Sort of 80s meets U2 meets modern world (The Killers: "Read My Mind"). Sara I like, but gotta say, Fiest woman has a much better voice. Hmmm. Augustana's "Boston"...Like IT! after the first 2 bars. Knew it was good. Panic's list is a keeper and Alicia Keys should emcee everything, including hit lists, with her speaking voice as main feature.

No comments: