Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Shoes

Franklin Gilkey wanted to buy me some shoes. I wanted to leave to catch the ferry to go to Wenatchee but then spoke with an officer who said I should go to ER first.

"Buy any shoes you want" he said. I looked around. I've been wearing the same boots and shoes for awhile but I don't mind. I said, after a few minutes, "If you don't mind, I'd rather buy some shoes for my son. Would that be okay?"

He said yes.

I got my son the best shoes that this store had.

Ones which would be good for his feet.

I love you Oliver and I think about you every minute of every day. I love you.

Franklin wanted me to then get shoes for myself, but I didn't see anything I liked. I said it was okay and I was fine without new shoes. I didn't get flip flops or tennis shoes or sandals or high heels. I didn't want anything for myself.

No comments: