Tuesday, September 16, 2008

On Being Photographed In Portland, Oregon

On the subject of being photographed, I should probably write a TTSOML about some of the other things which were happening while I was trying to fix my lawyer situation.

One thing that happened before and after The Willamette Week article was published about me, is I was being followed everywhere. Before I ever went to a reporter, and also afterwards, and it was noticed by at least a couple of friends.

On several occasions, I was photographed while at the big Park in the middle of Portland, Oregon, as I was sitting down with a musician who had a guitar and we were singing and playing on a bench. When I walked away, I was still photographed. Another time, there was a photographer with a huge wide lens camera, not a normal camera, and he photographed me from a large white building with lots of stairs and, I think, a fountain. He was at the top and photographing me as I was in town. This happened right after I filed my lawsuit against Mt. Angel Abbey.

Then, after I had reported the two FBI guys for misconduct, in Portland, Oregon, I was at a club/restaurant with a friend and there were mirrors behind me. My friend, a guy I've known for almost a decade, was facing the mirrors and so could see the reflection of what was happening behind us. I was leaning forward, whispering to him about what was going with the FBI thing, and how I was going to move out of the state, from Oregon to Washington, and he said to me: "You're being photographed." I said, "What?" He said, "Don't look, but that table behind us, they were taking pictures of you." I asked how he knew when he wasn't looking behind at them and he said he'd been looking at the mirror and also could see from the corner as well. He and I were sitting apart and he said they were taking photos of what seemed to be just me and also of him. It was a large table, about 8-10 people there, men and women, 20s-30s.

He's not paranoid, and no one has ever accused him of being paranoid either.

No comments: