Saturday, September 27, 2008

TTSOML #92: Litigation

Honestly, to do the litigation part of the TTSOMLs justice, I would have to have some of my documents together so I can make sure I have dates right.

Basically, I had the first judge and then another, and at the same time, I had a concurrent defamation case which I filed in Multnomah County, which is in Portland, Oregon. The defamation suit was against the Abbey officials and lawyers who lied about me, in addition to the newspaper The Willamette Week.

The other one, for Section 1983 and other things, I filed in Salem, Oregon. I sort of think it would have been better if I'd filed that one in Multnomah as well, but I believe I could have made at least partial gains through the last judge I had, whom I would have kept and wasn't doing anything eggregious,...however, it wasn't up to me. That case got cut off midway, and thrown into the Portland Archdiocese Bankruptcy process.

The lawyer who paid me for copies of my research about vicarious liability of the Archdiocese to clergy working in religious schools, monasteries, and the like, or in positions where doctrine or morals was taught or disposed, was Greg Smith. Smith knew enough about me to know I was smarter than I was usually expected to be, and that I could do excellent research. So he paid for copies of this research. Before any of the cases were brought into bankruptcy court.

The day after I handed over binders full of this research, and filed one in Salem as well, it was within a few days that the Archdiocese filed for bankruptcy. The other plaintiffs attorneys claimed it was to block their cases from getting media exposure. I also think they knew I had something on them. The Archdiocese had had many claims against them dismissed improperly, because, I believe, some lawyers didn't care to do their homework.

What was confusing to me, was that most of the lawyers were versed in secular law, but they didn't bother to look into the RCCs interpretations of things, which is important, because how a corporation defines themself can be determined in more than one way. It went against the whole idea of "know your enemy". Not to say they were an "enemy" but more of an adversary to be held accountable. The whole point is, they were the opponent, and to fight for their client, they should have done better research. Either they did, and didn't care, or didn't, and didn't care. I don't know which it was.

Before these cases were filed, Christa was calling me, and over time, she managed to find out the names and occupations of everyone I knew, had ever been friends with, was still in touch with, and about my family. She wanted to know about all of my contacts and what religious affiliation they were as well. There was one other person who started asking a lot of questions like this too, and his name, his last name escapes me, but his first name was Jonathan, the guy I dated before I met the FBI guys.

There was also another guy I forgot to mention in my little "line up", who was very out of place, and whom I was even warned about by the bartender. I should have listened to the bartender. This guy, it turned out, also had connections to Bullivant, and did a few things to try to psych me out, after he slept with me, while I was obviously, to him, intoxicated.

Basically, they got me when they were sober and I was drunk. And it never happened when I was sober, which is how I know it wasn't full consent. I mean, it's one think to be buzzed, and another think to be drunk. And, because I very rarely drank, I sometimes ended up in bad situations because I didn't realize my tolerance or how different drinks affected me and that they can vary in strength. I didn't even know there were different "proofs" for different liquors, until I had already moved to Washington state. And that was in 2004-2005.

When this sort of thing happens, though, and women cannot speak up about it, and blame themselves, or when it happens to men as well (but more often women) that's when you know there is still a desperate need for feminism. There is plenty to fight for, and some of the worst things have replaced the old battles which have been won (at least in part).

As for the binder I filed in Marion County, I had people go there to check it out and they never received it. So I would go and someone would hand me part of the file but not include this. They always left it out. It was a part of the file though, and I asked that they keep it all together when it was requested. I have no idea if they've done this. Basically, it reads like nothing is there, and sort of sounds like it agrees with what was said by the Archdiocese, but then you get further into it, halfway through and towards the end, and the shift pops out and you can see what changed.

No comments: