Sunday, March 7, 2010

Academy Awards

I sort of watched. I enjoyed doing a live blog of things in the past and should have done it for this too, but I didn't.

I enjoyed seeing all the dresses but I wasn't watching very closely. I liked the white flowers in Monique's hair but I couldn't figure out if they were roses, gardenias (decided no) or later I wondered if they were maybe camillas.

I stared at Demi Moore, wondering who the hell she goes to for whatever work, and thought about how much work she must put into things herself.

I wish I'd seen some of the dancing more closely--liked the group dance with the beatbox guys, I couldn't believe that one guy was jumping up and down on one arm. His whole body in the air except for that one arm!

I also didn't know what I thought of the total ensemble, but the woman who got the award for the young Victoria...it gave me a lot to think about and study. I hadn't realized even, there was a movie out, new, about Victoria. Hope to see it soon. I liked the colors and noticed especially the bracelets on her arms. Sort of liked it, not that I'd do it, or reeally not the beret, but still, very artistic. I liked it in an artistic sense. She seems like someone who dresses with symbolism or meaning and mood. It made me wonder if Queen Victoria wore bracelets on both of her arms.

No comments: