Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'M GETTING MY SON A RUSSIAN TURTLE!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. Well, I didn't have a choice. I made a promise to my son. And I am buying him a turtle I cannot afford.

I put out a notice to try to get the free turtles I found online but I had no response.

I think it means something, somehow. I mean, to my son, it just means, he is happy. !!! But when I walked in, when I did, I dunnnnoooo....ENERGY.

Some pissed people driving by and some very elated boy and a woman who was truly crying and wiping tears from her eyes.

And I walked outside and the clouds are all broken up! The sun is shining!

I walked in on...

Shhh...Kate Middleton and Widgeon. Hey, I didn't know they were going to be there. I didn't plan it like that.

Anyway, it was the Wenatchee version I guess, so some kind of bet maybe I don't know. It was weird.

Okay, the best part was this little boy. Oh, he was the best.

I was sitting here, staring across the street at the Petco. Kept thinking about that turtle. The cheapest ones are the Russian tortoises. The other kind was $159 and then there were water ones but they told me I need a huge tank for them. Like, a huge water tank I would NOT be able to tote around.

So then, I had this, "You must buy your son that turtle now. GO." So I went over because I didn't know when they would close. It's too far away for me to see who is going in and out and pulling in, but I could tell I might miss out. And I told my son, "Next Wednesday probably" and I don't want to keep telling him later if I have the money, even if I don't know what I"m doing with myself. I'll survive, and I know he will be so happy.

So I walked in, and RIGHT in front of me are two women, one wearing a hot pink top with long dark brown straight hair in a ponytail and a black lab with a blue collar. She was talking with her friend about "Alex".

I was thinking, "what thuh hell?" I walked right into Kate with Widgeon. I guess. So anyway, then I go to see if the turtle is still there and it WAS! Someone had bought one already and the other one was staring at me, facing the glass, looking straight out, winking and blinking and SO smart and sweet. I looked into those turtle's eyes and said "That is one SMART turtle" and really looked affectionate too. I was sold. So I asked what kind of care and then as I was looking, this adorable boy was so excited and had on a grey t-shirt and black pants and kept looking over and seemed really happy for some reason. Who knows. Maybe he was a sender, telling me to get my ass over there for my son. I was thinking, "Who is he? a child remote viewer/sender?" and really cute though. So I went to the turtle and then to the counter and the lady got someone for me and then at that moment, another woman came out of a back room when I asked for someone about the turtle. She was not faking crying. She was really crying.

Then this other woman walked by but I only saw her back. She had hair like this woman who lived next to the aunt and uncle of my Ex and I figured he went over there to hook up with HER. Anyway, she came in with a little girl and the little girl was really cute and looking at the tortoise because I was holding it in my hands. But the tortoise belongs to Oliver. I don't know if it's a girl or boy tortoise though. I asked because I want to know so he can name it appropriately. But when I was holding it, it moved it's arms and legs, and I realized, these things are a LOT smarter than one would think! and really it did seem sweet and like it wanted companionship. I asked it if it missed it's buddies, because someone got the other ones. So it just blinked and looked. SO cute.

So I was going to buy it right then and there but the lady said it needs a heat lamp. So I'm buying it tomorrow morning before my visit with my son. It should be fine for a couple of hours the woman said and a pro care guy will be giving instructions tomorrow and will be able to tell gender I think. So it's on hold until tomorrow.

Then, I was walking out of the Petco and at the crosswalk and feeling so happy and resolved, and then the Kate Middleton woman drove by and some other guy leaned out of his window waving goodbye and I think said goodbye. She looked stunned. I think there must have been a bet of some kind, a local bet.

Anyway, the grey clouds are all gone. It's dusk but the sky is blue again and just a couple of fluffy clouds here and there. Very pretty outside.

I don't like the computer overheating bit, but very pretty outside. And I am very happy for my son. He is going to be thrilled. I definitely would have gone for the free turtles, 100%, but they weren't available and like I said, if you're this far down, it's really not that big of a difference. The difference of my going down farther is nothing compared to how "up" HE will feel and what a positive difference it will make for him. And I don't want to delay or postpone gratification because if i couldn't give him what I said I was giving him, I shouldn't have said anything. So I sort of felt like, YES, it would be okay and sensible to wait a few weeks and look for a free one and get on my feet. But I know he is THINKING about that turtle. And for him, to be thinking about it, when time is so much longer for kids, I just decided, I'll go to the mentally disabled place before I break a promise to my son or make him wait too long, if I can HELP it. That's only if I can HELP it, because sometimes, things are out of ones control and people just have to accept that, no matter what.

The only weird part, was...really, walking in on Kate and Wij. Talking about an Alex no less. Really weird.

I think someone isn't happy though, because my laptop is overheating.

I noticed some rich people driving off who looked really pissed. Why are the really rich mad at me?

And I hope it's no joke either. Like, it doesn't mean anything such as it's russian turtle bc russians are turtles. I don't think that at all. It's just the name these ones were given and there was nothing else I could afford or that was available. I would have bought a $21 water turtle if it was more practical for me to carry around but there is no way I could carry and pay for a big 20 gallon water tank and I was told that's the only kind that will work.

Ummm, the other thing I thought, that crossed my mind, was that when I walked across the crosswalk, after listening to the Suzy Q song by brooklyn bridge t-shirt man, was that the crosswalk to the petstore was like a bridge.

Seriously though, someone could lay off of the computer overheating crap. I am wondering what my choice is meaning, when the fire is turned on. Ad I saw a guy go by in another flame streak truck again, so someone knows. What did I do wrong? there is nothing more right than a mother fulfilling her son's wish.

I still want to get him a bunny though too. I will have to find a good bunny hutch and something warm. I asked my aunt and uncle about it and they said no for now but if my son was with me, he would have everything I could afford. Everything.
**************
Now onto new music. Got "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc

Then I had "I gotta feeling" by Chris Brown come to mind. I got this one but I am going to try to find the other one, the original:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32LxcMjI0MA. It came to mind but I have no idea.
**************
I am seriously almost second thinking the Russian Turtle.
Why?

Not because of my son, but because of what is going on around me. Like it's some joke or bet and then I am really tired of people turning on the flares. What, I get my son a Russian Turtle and then I get cooked for it?

No comments: