Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Typing Speed (65 WPM)

To start.  I decided I am working on my typing speed.  So I'm going to do it through free programs online.  After a disaster attempt with malfunctioning test a few weeks ago, I went online to see where I am at.  It's not great, but that gives room to improve.  My initial scores  (with WPM: words per minute and then number of errors):

1.  55/4
2. 50/1
3. 61/3

That's sort of at the end of the day when I'm tired too.  I think I want to be at 80 WPM if possible.  I used to be over 60 WPM.  I have never been over 75. 

Basically, I think it's a speed skill that is worthwhile for encouraging the brain to pay attention to detail and for refining motor skills.  I also think then it makes writing papers, reports, requests for investigation or lawsuits, or business, or whatever it is...stories, letters, notes...much faster.

I did some tests and then tried to do a foreign language one and chose the first on the list, Dutch, but it wouldn't display it in Dutch.  The purpose is that when it's another language, you have to focus more on individual characters and not auto-mode.

I did the first 4 on Aesops Fables about the wolf (as it turned out) and then chose Space Cowboys and it turned out to be about astronauts, and who chooses them and how many get chosen (1 out of 7), and then the 6th one I chose was about Tigers and poaching.  I wanted to try it in another language and picked the first one on the list down from English, but nothing came up in Dutch.

My range is still about 60 WPM, with all these tests.  However, I think the standard is 5 errors or less on a 5 minute so I'm close.  I guess with practice.  My friend Geoff used to type 80 WPM but he was a trained pianist too.

65 WPM with 5 or less errors is my best tonight as of 9:35 p.m.

I think I can definitely get up to 75 WPM and maybe 80.

You can save HOURS of time by typing faster.

With the program all screwed up at the school I tried it at, I have no idea what I ranged--maybe 20 or 30 WPM?

I got 2 F's from last term that were not even deserved.  One was in a class where my book arrived after 2 months and the course was almost over and the other occured from a teacher who lost papers and then wouldn't tell me which ones to resend, and took a grade out on me personally.

I have never received an F in my life, in school, except for a history test in AP history in high school (might have been a D) and maybe a math test.  Never for a course.  I've had my grades tampered with.

Here's one of several sites for practice:
http://www.typingtest.com/testdone.jsp?acc=97&nwpm=64&gwpm=65&ncpm=321&gcpm=328&dur=180&time=180&chksum=31150&unit=wpm&kh=57&td=&err=4&hits=984

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can't get financial aid when you have failed a course.

you have schizophrenia, and can't function normally

Mama said...

You're wrong.