Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Not "Prone" To Yeast Infections & Safe Sex

I have had absolutely the worst luck lately, with men.
Last one, I discovered, is a swinger. Is not married, but fits the definition true enough. Thought he could settle down with me and changed his mind.
Before him, was a guy who said he was firmly and fully separated from his wife. I cut it off when I realized this wasn't and couldn't be true. The guy just to have his cake and eat it too.
Before HIM, was another swinger, whom I discovered was a swinger only after I got curious enough to see if he had an Adult FriendFinders page, and he did. The worst part is that he was totally public about it and didn't even try to hide it. In a small frickin' town where everyone would have known, but ME.

What's with the swingers and cheaters? The last one was sort of a fling, but he did express more serious actions and intentions at one point, so I thought maybe...but then I've discovered he's been lying about not being with anyone. I have people reporting to me, telling me how this isn't true, and I had a rash reporting back to me too. I had to call the guy today and notify him I had a yeast infection and that he should be checked out. He tried to deny he'd been with someone else, or that it was from him. Thank goodness it was only yeast, but there is no way I got that on my own and I haven't been with anyone else. I am monogamous. And, obviously, he is NOT and will likely never be. So, I said, "It's not a big deal. I'm just telling you so you can take care of it if you want to." He made some comment again and I said, "Yeah, well, I'm not prone to yeast infections." I thought about the double entrendre of the word "prone". And said nothing more. "Okay?" I think I said, in a "the conversation is over" way.

What I don't get, is if you're a swinger, or have that "swingin'" lifestyle, take some fucking responsibility for yourself and for your actions, and don't lie about it. It's not healthy and it's dangerous. Maybe you don't mind taking risks, but the rest of us out there, just MIGHT mind.

Be honest about it. There are even plenty of people who are okay with it and can handle that kind of relationship, however they may fit in, as long as there's honesty.

I say this as a cautionary tale.

On another note, I ran into lust-at-first-sight today, at the post office. An English guy, with an English accent, who left carrying a rolled up bunch of documents in a round box. Very good looking. Tall, even blond, but just perfect. I didn't say anything and didn't even look at him, so that he noticed. I just noticed.

Yeah, and I really don't give a shit anymore what anyone thinks about what I write. I can be a shock jock...or frock...or whatever the hell you want to call it, if I please. Why shouldn't I have equal rights?

By the way, I am noticing tons and tons of hispanic people waving to me lately, just out of the blue. I don't know why, but I see y'all! Some others too. Actually, lots of minorities. For me, it's a sign we're all on the same page, even if a lot of people don't know who I am and what I want to do. At least the town is getting smaller or something. I really do have to become bilingual.

Oh, by the way, about my post about rhythm method and stuff...I encourage safe sex always. It's true that one cannot get pregnant every day of the month--a woman has a small window in which this is possible, if she's got regular periods. I have practiced celibacy and abstinence most of my life, and that has worked well for me. No STDs, no problems. I encourage the use of condoms to prevent STDs even if it's overblown hysteria that makes us think someone could become pregnant the minute a condom isn't used. It's about avoiding HIV and Aids people. As for pregnancy, you really can figure out when it's even a fertile time to conceive or not and avoid the pill. I won't use the pill because I've read and heard about far too many problems. Because I've educated myself about the rhythm method, I have the knowledge I need to make important decisions about my body, based on sound science.

No comments: