Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Female ENTPs Unite!

I am including this conversation board in my blog because I just wrote about women being accepted in society, in general, as activists. I read this and remembered too, how my personality makes me different and why people don't know what to think of me, or assume "something is wrong" because I'm different. These other women below speak about the same things, especially one at the end where she says how people expect her to be passive and sweet and just not speak up about things, and how this made her miserable until she became true to herself. I think her posting name is Vlalkrie or something. Something with a V. If anyone reading this is a woman who is also ENTP, I would love to hear your thoughts about what it's like to be an ENTP, and I'd also like to hear from those who have known other ENTPs. Oh, by the way, my "personality disorder" is "ENTP". And not too long ago, gays were mentally ill, and so were any and all men who masturbated, so I should say, in my court trials in Wenatchee, Caballero and Hotchkiss should have had psych evals along with everybody else.


ENTP - The Inventors
Discussions


Advanced search
Board index ‹ Thought Provoking Discussions ‹ Psychology
Change font size
Print view
FAQ
Register
Login
Female ENTPs... know any?

Post a reply

106 posts • Page 1 of 8 • 12345 ... 8
Female ENTPs... know any?
by Autumn on Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:31 am

As far as I know, I have never met another ENTP woman.
Has anyone known any?
Are you one?
Give details...
Autumn 3w4

Autumn
UberPoster

Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:56 am
Location: Virginia
Top
by Norwegian ENTP on Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:52 am

Aren't female NTs quite rare? I had an ENTJ female teacher once, but other than her I can't recall meeting any female NTs at all.
I demand that I may, or may not, be Vroomfondel
-Vroomfondel
Norwegian ENTP
UberPoster

Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 5:10 pm
Location: Norway
Top
by John on Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:36 am

Well, I've met three in person so far... Tris (posts here occaisionally), Cherie (was at the Kansas thing), and Allie (local friend). Brilliant women, all.

There's a much younger one that lives not too far away from me, and I expect to be meeting her sooner or later. Trying to think if there have been any others (my dad's mum might well have been)...

So yeah, I do know more guy ENTPs than girls, but as far as people I've met in ways other than ENTP sites/lists, it's been a fairly even distribution.

John
Picking nits is still part of bonding.

John
UberPoster

Posts: 1051
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:59 am
Location: Nevada, TX
Top
by Whitlaw on Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:55 am

I know three ENTP women really well and at least half a dozen INTP women equally well.
Whitlaw
UberPoster

Posts: 152
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 11:11 am
Location: British Columbia
Top
by moose on Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:06 am

I'm ENTP and I'm a girlie... And actually, on the Yahoo ENTP group there was a period when most of the ENTPs posting were actually female rather than male.

But I'm trying to think of an ENTP that I've actually met that is female.

And I can't.

I only really know 3 E/INTP males tho. And I'm good friends with an ENFP female... (but that's kinda irrelevant I guess)

I think we get the best of both worlds - kinda get to see on both sides of the fence - can be a girly girl when I want to (I'm currently exploring that side of my personality at the mo, and it's kinda fun), but click with blokes too, depending on my mood/surroundings
I (could be) the queen of the world, I just may not quite ever get round to it. But it's on my "to do" list

moose
UberPoster

Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:27 pm
Location: UK
Top
by Morbirdity on Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:26 pm

*waves*

Another female ENTP here. I haven't managed to meet any in-person(or meet any male ENTPs, for that matter), but I do have an online pal that's the same. We never talk though...never really need to, we know what each other is going to say...it gets a little boring and weird after a while.

Aren't female NTs quite rare?


It sure feels that way sometimes...the only way I connect with fellow NTs at all is through the 'net, my real-life surroundings are sadly lacking in them...

I think we get the best of both worlds - kinda get to see on both sides of the fence - can be a girly girl when I want to (I'm currently exploring that side of my personality at the mo, and it's kinda fun), but click with blokes too, depending on my mood/surroundings


Yeah, sounds about right for me too.
"I have it! Squirrels in the Conservatory with the duct tape!"

Morbirdity
UberPoster

Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: The Exactish Centre(County, PA, USA)
Top
by Lee on Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:59 pm

I don't know any female NTs at all at the moment (IRL). It's a shame

Lee
UberPoster

Posts: 149
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 3:41 am
Location: England
Top
by Seth on Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:03 pm

I have only met 1 that I know of. Lindy, not too long ago.
[eNtP]

Seth
Co-Admin

Posts: 1505
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:53 pm
Top
by Autumn on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:01 am

Hmmm.
If I may presume that we ENTP ladies all seem to lean a bit towards the tom-boy side at times (as I do), I am wondering if our personalities are mostly developed from our childhood environment instead of inherited or otherwise. Meaning, I grew up with 4 brothers, the oldest, and had the ugly duckling syndrome. Perhaps my ENTP personality is mostly formed from the result of our untraditional childhood circumstances.
Did any of you ENTP ladies actually have a completely girly-girl frilly pink tea party, squeeky clean upbringing?
I know I didn't. Just curious...
Autumn 3w4

Autumn
UberPoster

Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:56 am
Location: Virginia
Top
by Morbirdity on Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:36 am

Well, my Mom was(and still is) a very tomboyish ISTJ, so girly stuff was never a part of my vocabulary as a kid. No pink, no frills; the one time I wanted to try a tea party, my Dad had to set it up, because Mom frankly had no idea what I was talking about. I didn't have any more after that; it didn't live up to the hype. *shrugs* Woohoo, pretend food and fuss? Whatever.

I did wear dresses sometimes, but other than that it was all mud pies and grass fights and scheming, as well as a lot of reading and creative endeavors. I still prefer the 'jock' or 'slob' look now, because it's comfortable, and I can jump into almost any activity at a moment's notice. Drives my 'appropriate'-centered friends nuts though, so every so often I'll pull out a new look for a bit just to keep them on their toes, just to keep things interesting.

I think it was a lot more based on my own personality than nature though; my parents aren't particularly artistically-inclined, save for music, and I was drawing/painting/mixing stuff up since practically from birth. And I was always slightly the odd one out; I could get in with people when I wanted to, but often found it frustrating that no one could seem to keep up with me.
"I have it! Squirrels in the Conservatory with the duct tape!"

Morbirdity
UberPoster

Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: The Exactish Centre(County, PA, USA)
Top
by philonightmare on Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:49 pm

Yes. Though she occasionally tests ENTJ too. She's a real go-getter, very motivated, however enjoys relaxing and hanging out with friends the most. Well... I won't go into too much detail. Basically, she and I get along really well. We enjoy studying our community, examining our lives, making jokes about everyone including ourselves, etc. She's definitely never boring!
ENTp -- 7w6 sx

philonightmare
Poster Extraordinaire'

Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: MI
Top
by moose on Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:54 pm

I dunno, for me I think it was mostly nature. I've got an ISFJ mum who used to dress me in dresses and had me doing ballet. However, right from when I can remember I've always enjoyed "boy stuff"more, and I grew up highly confused, because I wanted to join in with the boys at school, but girls and boys in my junior schoo (7 to 11 year olds) weren't supposed to get along... girls were supposed to run around squealing and giggling and not getting dirty and mucky...

but then i did have an older brother. and i don't think things were as clear cut as i make out in these remembrances, so, I'm guessin the nurture thing fits in there somewhere'n all. I'm personally all for the "nature and nurture, walking along in perfect harmony" or however the song goes
I (could be) the queen of the world, I just may not quite ever get round to it. But it's on my "to do" list

moose
UberPoster

Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:27 pm
Location: UK
Top
by Turtle on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:02 am

I am ENTP and female, I agree with alot of the other women, in that I have always clicked better with males and I don't have any ENTP female friends, my business partner is a male ENTP and we get along fantastically. I never went into all that girly stuff as a kid and spent more time playing with my brother and his friends. I always thought that was because we were closer in age, it never really ocured to me that this was because of my type, but it does seem to make sense. ENTP is apparently only a small percentage of the population so I am not that surprised to discover that they are mostly male. Logic is something that is definately a male dominated area as is rational thinking, adding up all the data that I can be bothered to find I think that I can conclude that there are more ENTP males than females in the world ans that suits me fine.
Turtle
UberPoster

Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:16 pm
Location: England
Top
Another ENTP and female
by Valkyria on Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 am

I am a very strong ENTP personality, especially on the E and P. All my life I have encountered people that have a problem accepting my strong persona, my ability to stand up for myself, and my skills in presenting arguments in a discussion. Because of the structure in society today and because I am short and blond, people expect something totally different when they first see me.

This has caused problems for me, both with women and men, especially professionally at times when I have refused to be manipulated and duped. Previously I have neglected this side of me at work: I stayed quiet and bore it. I did that for four years and I was miserable. It is only now, a year later that I have bounced back and decided never to do that to myself again. Finding the perfect job might be difficult, but it does not mean I cannot get closer to it next time. ENTPs, even females, can be tremendous assets to companies if we are allowed to be, but one cannot just sit around and wait for space, one has to create it.

Recently I have realized, as much as I did not want to, that it seems that male ENTPs are much more accepted by society and that many people still are very intimidated by a female ENTP. I have refused to see it that way before, since personally, I take gender equality for granted. I demand it of my environment, even though I know that in reality society is not there yet.

My husband and I often joke about that I am the male in our relationship. And since discovering my ENTP profile, everything has all fallen into place.

I have now decided never to be ashamed of the person that I am again, but be proud. And if I should have a mission it is to show people that ENTPs are extraordinary people.
Dreams are a kite on a windy day. - Sinéad Lohan
Valkyria

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:28 am
Location: Sweden
Top
by Autumn on Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:34 am

Cool.

I think ENTP women can have unique and exciting lives. I'm glad we're rare- more power to ya. People remember us because of our uniqueness.

I wouldn't want it any other way.
Autumn 3w4

No comments: