Friday, June 19, 2009

Boots and Business Card Missing

Yesterday I was at the house all day, in Seattle.

A business card for the artist I met, disappeared even though I had it in one room alone. I looked everywhere and finally, since I remembered his name, just looked him up online.

Then, today I was getting ready to look for work and my boots were missing. My only pair of walking shoes, basically, which I would use for waitressing. All I had left were tennis shoes, which I wouldn't wear to inquire about work, and then high heels which I couldn't walk around in all day.

I know for sure that no one stole them because I was the only one at the house all day, except for the housemate-owners. So I am hoping she put them away somewhere and I just didn't know where to look.

As for the business card, that was just weird. It was there one minute and then it wasn't, and I didn't take a nap. She was there, but if the card was squished into papers or something, we didn't see it, and she and I both looked hard, for awhile.

My boots did not just go walking off by themselves. I'll have to ask her when she's back, and she said she was going to be home at 4. So I'm hoping she put them in a cubby or something, someplace I just didn't think to look.

One other thing disappeared while I was in this area, but that was a couple weeks ago and I'm hoping it's in my jacket pocket because I left that with my Pakistani friend. I don't think, and I'm quite sure, he would never take anything. He would have no reason for doing so, but I'm hoping what I'm missing is in one of those pockets or it may be something else that went missing while I was in the area or at the house. The thing is, no one goes onto the property there and I have my most important belongings with me at all times.

No comments: