Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rainy May Day & Dates With Danger

I still wonder what this is all about. I might have an idea but don't know for sure.

I got a ride on a motorcycle recently. That was fun. He asked if I was afraid and I said no. I wasn't. I was going to get on without a helmet even, but he went back and got one.

Then I read National Geographic, issue on DNA and "Survival of the Richest" and Ukraine's Orange Revolution, and stuff, at the Irish guys house, who has Irish stuff everywhere. He's part Irish. Been fine. My own room and my own bed and no weird comments or looks. All up and up.

Then I met some guy who I'm just having lunch with. I asked what he liked and he said anything but German. He's German. haha! sort of cracks me up. I do like sauercrat. But I understand.

I had spring rolls at this Vietnamese place recnetly and they were really good. I have a thing for spring rolls. Love 'em.

Anyway, this guy asked if I liked to take risks. I said, "Yes" and then I said, "Well, I'm not going to jump out of a plane."

He asked if I'd kiss a stranger and I said no.

He's an outdoorsey guy. Environmental agency. I am meeting a lot of people who like to go camping and hiking and do really dirty, outdoorsey things. I don't really love camping anymore. It was fun when I was kid, but now??? I don't like to fish either, but I haven't tried it since I was about 9 years old. I feel sorry for the fish. But I would take my son fishing. He'd probably have a lot of fun. I like fun outdoor sports and laying out in the sun a little bit, but I'm more of an indoor person. I don't like gyms very much though and would rather do fun things outside for recreation. I don't want to hike really, unless it's for a beautiful view.

Oh, and this is hilarious...I've been driving around this car that has a bumper sticker that says something about "The Witch Is Alive!" or "I believe in the godess!" or something and then there's this book of "spells" on the counter but there's nothing creepy in the house. It would be funny though, to learn some "spells" and freak out this guy with it.

I was just thinking...I was willing to go on a motorcycle without a helmet but I wouldn't drive a truck full of drunk people (I was sober) until everyone had their seatbelts on. I don't know why. Try getting a bunch of drunk people belted in when the belts have disappeared and the motor skills are floppy at best.

No comments: