Thursday, June 11, 2009

Music Today

I really like this live version of "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin. From Berlin Live: Sacred and Profane. I like it better than the original. I also like Laura Branigan's "Self Control"--it's sort of perfect. Her voice, with the rhythm and the melody...it fits together. Not a very good description. Hmmm. In a more practical writing mode rather than creative at the moment.

Like Addicted to Love by Palmer. Sort of a bunch of classic rock today. Yay! "I Love Rock 'n' Roll!" by Joan Jett. My first remembered exposure to rock. Maybe to the real world. I still remember all the kids on the bus singing loud and shouting this song and the bus driver rocking out and I was in kindergarten, with my hair done up in "Princess Leah" buns on the side of my head, and I was thrilled, thinking "What is THIS?!!!" (It wasn't fuckin' Bobby Darin.)

I like The Motels "Total Control" a lot. First time I've ever heard it. Good pulse. Like Belinda Carlisle's "La Luna"...first time I've ever heard it and I like the sort of latino with gypsy thing to it. "Thing". See? I'm not feeling creative today. I like REO Speedwagon's "Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" too--it brings back a lot of memories. Like Nick's "Leather & Lace" a lot, almost all of Stevie Nicks. "You Better Wait" is also good but I don't know who sings it. I like it for my mood, but it's okay.

No comments: