Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Osama bin Ladin & What I Think

I forgot to go back and write my response to Osama's latest threat, which was made after a lot of refugees were displaced in Pakistan.

I am sure I sound delusional when I say THIS, but I actually think there is a chance for "peace" with Osama and his group. I know how that sounds, and how militant they are, but in many ways, they are no different than the Protestant-Catholic militants in Ireland who both used politics AND religion to further their causes.

Maybe they are slightly more religious. Okay... But their big complaint recently was about the treatment of Pakistanis and how these families were displaced, when they were innocent citizens. Of course, they were cleared out to prevent their injuries, but they were still removed from their homes and jobs, and when you think abuot it, any large group of people in a refugee camp, is sitting there in squalid conditions, and is UNABLE to make money.

Americans understand how it is to be unemployed better than ever, and even how it may be to lose their houses, but then imagine sitting in tents with thousands of others, with bad food and zero privacy--Knowing you cannot work at that moment even if you wanted to.

This applies to people in every country, but while I think a lot of Osama's agenda is religious and hatred of America and the way of life, I think I've heard some of it began with American occupation of certain Arab ports.

Maybe the real issue is not that he initially wanted the demise of the entire U.S., but that they just wanted people they felt were "unclean" off of their own turf?

No comments: