Monday, June 8, 2009

Images from the Tiffany's cross

This is a sterling silver cross from Tiffany's that hasn't been worn in awhile and it had a nick on it.

I don't get a bad vibe when it's sitting on my ass, tucked away in the back pocket of my jeans, but when it is around my neck, it feels like a prisoner's chain.

Something isn't right about it. Or the person who used to wear it.

I was told to wear it "for protection" but I don't feel protected by it. I feel it's a joke. That I am a joke when I wear it. Like when I was supposed to be wearing the phoney-baloney wedding ring when Exxon never wore his.

I just took it out of my pocket and put it around my neck. I am going to try to write the impressions I get from it. Not saying I'm right or wrong. Okay? I'm not making serious forecasts. Oh, by the way, I don't know that Fona Sugg got cancer after I thought she might...or that something bad was going to happen. I think she MAY have had these scars before??? But I didn't know it was from cancer, I don't think. Who knows, maybe I did. I don't remember.

So...Here are my impressions from this cross from Tiffany's:

I feel the woman who wore this was depressed. I feel she was weighted down by many trivial concerns and that she was cheated in some way. She was the daffodil and jealousy in purple irises and she just laid down with her arms out across a white sheet as a sacrificial lamb. She became bitter but she was innocent. Cameras and courage and small tokens of affection. Dirt roads. Prison, but not literal prison...with her circumstances. Anger and revenge. I think this is a woman who wore a cross but who worked out elaborate plans of revenge when slighted. I'm not saying she's bad. But wearing this cross she used to wear feels like a weight. Not a relief or form of "protection". I don't think she felt very much relieved by the salvation message.

No comments: