Friday, February 19, 2010

On Joseph Stack & World War III

http://www.examiner.com/x-18425-LA-County-Nonpartisan-Examiner~y2010m2d18-British-military-insider-World-War-III-is-being-staged-starting-with-Israel-and-Iran

As strange as I find the attention torwards me, and as frightening as it to be in a place, even a small town, that is keeping my son from me, I have had the thought of WWIII come to mind, and apparently I'm not alone. I am writing this to urge people to put aside the domestic and internal petty wars, over people like me, who mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, and just work together.

I am not your enemy. I do not consider myself to be the enemy of any group, however, I know I have many enemies, who feel great hostility torwards me and half the time I'm not even sure what it's over. I want justice, for what has happened with me and my son, but it isn't too late for peace either. I know though, that peace is not dependent upon me anymore. I made my peace offerings a million times and some people wanted to take that piece, and tear it up into tiny bits of paper. So peace rests with those who unjustly continue to wage war, in any form. I have not waged a war, I have asked for justice, and at this point, this will only be acheived when others choose to retreat and quit advancing on something they had no right to take in the first place.

I put this clip at the top, because it came up as I was reading news, and I think this is a very real crisis. You can feel it. I feel it, others feel it. There is tension, worldwide, and much of it comes from insecurities that developed with a weakened economy. We rally for Haiti, which I think was right, as even the poor can take up their ploughshares and beat them into swords. But there is a lot of conflict right now, and some of the attitudes I see in the U.S. are very dangerous and misplaced.

Having another World War would be disastrous, and yet in some ways, it is almost heading this way. I heard someone else talking about on the news just last night...Oh wait, that was that spooks show again. Well anyway, it's palpable.

I do not think people like Joseph Stack should be taken lightly or derided and dismissed as a terrorist. I agree that if his name were Muslim, that's exactly what they'd call him. But instead of really coming at things from a religious angle, he came at things with actually, something that was patriotic. I don't say that to encourage others, and whatever his obsession with the IRS was I don't know, but much of what he said and wrote is a feeling and sentiment echoed by others in the United States.

I'm not encouraging extremism, but it is true that extremism exists now, and yet one form is tolerated while another is not. It is tolerated, the extremism of special interest groups, but not the extremism of people without certain positions.

I feel the same about the shock in Wenatchee, over this girl, as if this is "unusual". It shouldn't be a surprise at all, and yet one form of violence is shocking to this community, while other forms are tolerated, encouraged, and even applauded by some, and that violence is equally terrorism. There is domestic terrorism in Wenatchee and Washington, and other places as well, but it's a shock that anyone would do anything which cannot be covered up and concealed.

I saw news coverage last night over the girl here who was killed, and interviews of people in Wenatchee and of the gun shop guy and how a lot of single women and mothers are buying mace. My parents wrote in to say to be careful as well. To me, this is absolutely ludicrous. While I do not accept rides from strangers and while I have been more careful while walking around large bushes or trees, in general, I do not feel like endangered as if psycho-man with gleaming eyes or Ted Bundy were coming around the corner. The same women who are out there buying mace have fathers and husbands and brothers who use non lethal weapons against others, and some of even the women here do this, but I guess they think repeated use of these sort of thing, or torture, is okay. It is so strange to see these wide open eyes, and fumbling hands, like, "We don't have things happen like this here" when these people very well know what OTHER things happen that are just as bad or even worse.

That is NOT to say I'm justifying what happened or that I'm trying to diminish it. It was a tragedy. But all that I am saying, is that there is no reason to be shocked.

There is also no reason to be shocked about Joseph Stack. I feel the stand he took was a sincere attempt to take a patriotic stance. I feel this was a man who was deeply idealistic, who loved what he thought the U.S. stood for, who was an intelligent professional, who saw abuses out of control and felt helpless and overpowered. He had a communist saying at the bottom, but I think it was not so much hatred of capitalism and the IRS as seeing people run with it and create huge abuses which affect a lot of lives. He had his own personal experiences which underlined what he came to believe, but I think he did love this country and the ideals and intentions of the Founding Fathers. He felt the controls for corruption are out of balance and was willing to die for his country.

I feel there will be more to come but that if people stop and pay attention to the warning signs, which are manifest, they, we, can still turn it around.

I believe good time and energy has been wasted playing games with small lives when there are much more important things to do, for all of society.

I believe there is civil unrest and that it is fomenting. Meanwhile, others are looking for the Achilles Heel.

It boggles my mind that I have the mind games played with ME that are played when much more important things are at stake.

No comments: