Friday, February 19, 2010

Paranormal Scratches Correction

I got a comment from a guy about paranormal stuff and realized I had forgotten to delete or explain I was joking about it. My friend said she did not think it came across as joking and I realized I had omitted a part about the royal psychic bloodline, which I thought made it clear I was joking around or just poking fun at myself. But I think it came across differently so I deleted it.

It's hard to know when I'm kidding sometimes, especially about paranormal stuff because I DO think some things sound really funny, or are, and then other things I'm serious about.

I told my friend, when I was going to set up webcam streaming, that I had to make it sound like I was doing it for research of paranormal bc the site wouldn't allow straight surveillance of an apartment. So I made something up but then told her I felt I should change it because even if I knew, others might not and I didn't want to cheapen a gift which is really a blessing from God and make it sound like something else, just to find a loophole.

So I was wrong to do this. I changed the one about scratches but I still have to go back and change the one about investigating where my things are disappearing to. I told her I was going to but I haven't.

I thought it sounded unbelievable or nutty, but needed a way around the rules and then, I told her, but what if people think I'm serious about this part, when it's just the rest, and then when do people believe me or know I'm telling the truth and not cheapening an actual gift from God? I guess it would sort of be like taking God's name in vain to make one small thing up, just to try to get surveillance for a good reason. I was going to change it immediately but I forgot. And then later, I found other sites which allow for webcam streaming and don't have a restricton which doesn't permit you to use the streaming for surveillance.

If you look at the site where I was going to write this stuff, you could read the directions and see this restriction. I read it later so changed it. But I'm sorry, actually, and I'm sorry if I misled anyone on this one point when it's the only time I have actually done this, to just make something up for getting evidence. I thought it was logical but it was also making light of something I shouldn't have made light of. I figured people would know automatically, but maybe not.

No comments: