Saturday, May 1, 2010

Astigmatism In Both Eyes

I had my eye exam. The last time I had one was before any of the technology stuff happened. From what I read, it will cause astigmatism or show up this way sometimes.

I used to have one in just one eye but now it's both eyes and worse. It might just be from something else but I wouldn't know. I'm wondering about my son's eyes.

Contrary to what is reported in the wikipedia page, getting astigmatism out of the blue later in life isn't normal or a normal sign of aging. Nearsightedness is but that's different from astigmatism. Astigmatism is either genetic and you're born with it and there is usually a family history, or it indicates either some kind of eye injury or a disease which is actually a disease and not just an aging process. From what I've read, there are two diseases--one being diabetes and the other being something that just affects the coronea and thinning or scarring of this part of the eye.

No comments: