Thursday, June 4, 2009

Missing Hairsetter Pins--My Improv

Couldn't find my hairsetter pins anywhere and I'm looking for a job today. Went back and forth to the car and through my bags, and nothing. So finally, I grabbed some big blue painting tape and started taping my hair. You couldn't do this with duct tape, I promise. Duct tape is great for creating cleavage for photos though. ANYWAY. So you tape with the long pieces like a hammock for the curlers and then tie a towel or shirt around to hold it all up. The turban on my head right now is enormous.

I've had to do this lately. Improvise. I opened my son's toys with the end of a pair of nailclippers a few weeks ago. I didn't have a screwdriver so I used nail-clippers. And then vodka for thinner on oils and brush cleaner. What was the other thing? There was something else.

I think this woman who was talking about Scots-Irish highlanders' sense of ESP was full of it. I thought she was mocking me when she said "Are you psychic?!" when I'd said nothing psychic of the sort and only asked normal questions and had zero insights about her. I wonder if she thought highlanders are a bad thing. Wasn't Bruce a highlander? oh who cares. It doesn't matter.

I found a button near my bed today. It looks like a zinnia with a gold center...it's a clear button with this cool red petals design on the underside and then a little gold hook that looks like a center, in the middle.

I am going to write about my visit with my son sometime today.

No comments: